1 Radion XR30 G6?

Pembro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! long time lurker first time poster!

I'm getting back into the hobby after 10 years and im super excited, decided to go with the RS Reefer 350 G2. The tank is 47" long and I was wondering with the new spread on the XR30 g6 if I could use one light for the tank? I plan to do softies and some LPS. Or maybe someone has a better suggestion for lighting. Thanks in advance

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have the G6. Even tho their website advertise "4 feet of spread" im still skeptical since its still a single point light thats only 1 foot wide. Maybe someone who has the G6 can chime in on if its good as advertised.

I have an orphek myself.

That said, if you are only doing LPS and softies, then getting that "perfect spread" is not necessary. You can just put your LPS that need more light closer to the middle where there will undoubtedly be higher par. And put your softies towards the edge

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey everyone! long time lurker first time poster!

I'm getting back into the hobby after 10 years and im super excited, decided to go with the RS Reefer 350 G2. The tank is 47" long and I was wondering with the new spread on the XR30 g6 if I could use one light for the tank? I plan to do softies and some LPS. Or maybe someone has a better suggestion for lighting. Thanks in advance
Welcome to R2R

I would say you would not be happy with a single XR30 over a 47" long tank. I doubt any coral 14-16"" from center would be very happy too.
Radions are great lights, but you need the right amount of fixtures.
I don't know how deep or wide your tank is, but you might look into 2-3 XR15's or another XR30

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back