1" returns - How to use loc- line

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

president89

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2014
Messages
162
Reaction score
46
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built a 48" tank with 7 compartments for housing clownfish pairs. Each compartment has 1" return and 1" drain via bulkheads. I didn't realize they didn't make 1" loc line until after I was done drilling. How do I maximize the 1" return? If I reduce the 1" bulkhead to a 3/4" I'm thinking that I lose return capacity.

The compartments are only about 10" high and 7" wide x 10x deep(front to back). The return bulkhead is very close the divider. Is there such thing as a very narrow Y fitting?
 
Yes they would if used unaltered. I have gotten the Dremel tool and modified them, and used silicone to close off portions of the cone structure.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new