1 Year Progress - Reefer 170

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone! Happy Holidays! Finally had some time to do some tank maintenance and take some videos and pictures of the tank (see below). It has been 1 year and I can't believe everything that has happened to this tank. A lot of blood, sweat, tears and money, that's for sure! Haha.

The best and worst thing was that I accidentally left my RODI on overnight in my upstairs bathroom and caused huge amounts of water damage throughout all 3 levels of the entire house. All of which was covered by insurance, but required several months of work by the restoration company, and took it as an opportunity to redo the flooring.

2020 sure was an interesting year! I just also wanted to thank everyone on this forum, it is my #1 source of information and inspiration. This hobby would be a lot more difficult if it wasn't for the awesome R2F community. Happy Reefing! :D

IMG_6787.JPG

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice looking tank!

Here is a hint. I have left my RO/DI system on and had it overflow a couple of times. Lucky for me, it's in the garage and the water flows out and down the driveway without causing much damage. Now, when I turn the RO/DI on, I set the alarm on my phone to remind me. I make 40 gallons of RO/DI at a time and it takes a little less than 90 minutes. Several times the alarm goes off and I think to myself, "Oops, I totally forgot I was making water!"

JayLu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a beautiful tank! Unfortunately, I have caused a few floods in my reefing time too!

erdrick80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank man. Love the aquascaping.

Now you are making me want to to get that tank. My LFS has the redsea200xl (54gal) and Is willing to take payment plans. I might just do that. Always wanted one of those tanks.

OP
OP
Macbalacano

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice looking tank!

Here is a hint. I have left my RO/DI system on and had it overflow a couple of times. Lucky for me, it's in the garage and the water flows out and down the driveway without causing much damage. Now, when I turn the RO/DI on, I set the alarm on my phone to remind me. I make 40 gallons of RO/DI at a time and it takes a little less than 90 minutes. Several times the alarm goes off and I think to myself, "Oops, I totally forgot I was making water!"
Thanks for the tip! I started setting an alarm now, but also starting putting the bucket on the shower floor, so if it overflows, it just drains into the shower drain. Wish I had thought of all this earlier! :D

OP
OP
Macbalacano

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank man. Love the aquascaping.

Now you are making me want to to get that tank. My LFS has the redsea200xl (54gal) and Is willing to take payment plans. I might just do that. Always wanted one of those tanks.
Aww thank you! Honestly after owning this RedSea tank, i gotta say, I'm sold on their tanks for the rest of my life. Very well built and user friendly, and they look gorgeous! Best of luck!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back