10 Gallon Mantis Tank

Acilliron

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2022
Messages
22
Reaction score
9
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been holding off to post this until I got more corals and finished stocking it, but now that I have, check it out!

Equipment:
-Aqueon 10 gallon tank (top lip removed)
-AC50 refugium mod
-Fluval Marine Nano light
-Cheap 90gph adjustable submersible pump for extra flow

Livestock:
-G Ternatensis Mantis Shrimp
-Yellow Tail Damsel
-Mexican Turbo Snail
-Aussie Torch Coral
-Frogspawn
-3 zoa frags
-Dragons Breath Algae
-Unknown coral (top center of rock, let me know if you know what this is)
-2 Montipora Setosa frags
-Goniopora
-Ricordia Mushroom
-GSP frag

Tank has been running for about 3 months now, will send pics in replies!
 
Heres the photos! If anyone knows what that green/yellow coral at the top is let me know!
20220611_181411.jpg

20220611_181425.jpg
20220611_181430.jpg
20220611_181434.jpg
20220530_164305.jpg
20220427_182522.jpg
 
I'm surprised the mantis hasn't killed and eaten the damsel. The "coral" at the top almost looks like a rock flower anemone that's not doing so well? But it's hard to say, and I don't know why it would be on a frag plug if it was a nem.
 
I'm surprised the mantis hasn't killed and eaten the damsel. The "coral" at the top almost looks like a rock flower anemone that's not doing so well? But it's hard to say, and I don't know why it would be on a frag plug if it was a nem.
Oh its def not a nem. Im pretty sure its sps. And the mantis is well fed, and the damsel pretty much avoids him so they coexist quite well!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new