OP
El_Guapo13

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you drain it and dry the seams and apply some silicone? You may not need to apply silicone in the back chamber.
Thats is what I am going to do. Just need to setup a temporary tank. That said, if it winds up being something that resealing can't fix, then I guess the temporary 29gallon will become my new main display.

OP
OP
El_Guapo13

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well....I drained my biocube, and I don't see any ruptures or torn silicone in the display side. Which is good, but also implies something worse. Because as mentioned in one of my posts above, the leak was coming from where the glass, the plastic lip, and the plastic of the return chamber met. And if you have never measured it. The return chamber is about a little under 2 1/4 inches across. My arm cannot fit in there to get anything out, or put anything in without using some sort of grasping tool like jumbo sized tweezers or pliers. And I sure as heck can't fit my fat head in to get a good look at the inside of it to see if there is any ruptures in the seals in there. So.... my biocube might be dead (unless I can find a professional to repair it).

...... so.....

Are Kessil A80s strong enough to grow sps? Cause aseide from 3 Montis, I also have two acros. Would it grow them? I have $55 of credit at Fish Gallery (in The Woodlands) , so I could get an A80 for like $100. So would that work, or should I ger something else?

I will post updates on how eveything is doing in my 29 gallon later, as well as some pics. Right now everything is of course ticked off.

Also before anyone asks once you see the pics, the filter is only temporary. I will get something else soon.

OP
OP
El_Guapo13

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200202_131821.jpg

Obviously there is no light yet because originally this was supposed to be only temporary.

Which brings me back to my question. Will an A80 be adequate for growing sps like montis and acros?

OP
OP
El_Guapo13

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it has been awhile since I have been focusing on the 29 gallon build thread, so time for an update. Tank finished cycling, I did a water change, and purchased the first inhabitant, an Exquisite Firefish. If I ever get a pic of him without him scurrying into a hole, I will post it.

But the film algae on the glass is bad. I scrub it off, come back 30 minutes later and I have to scrub again. So, I went on reef cleaners literally a few minutes ago and ordered their 10 gallon clean up crew quick pack, with hermits. Ao hopefully my upcoming CUC will help me better keep the algae at bay. Also should probably add a bag of carbon or something to help keep phosphates low. That would probably help too.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 197 70.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 53 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 2.9%
Back