OP
OP
Blitheran

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright! So more updates! I have the Ecotech bug for sure. I have the MP-10 and XR-15 oh dear haha... oh well. Now time to sell these like new Prime HD and IceCap1k! Lemme know if you want them. I have a potential buyer for the 1k but I will keep you guys updated if the buyer falls through.

OP
OP
Blitheran

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright! So more updates! I have the Ecotech bug for sure. I have the MP-10 and XR-15 oh dear haha... oh well. Now time to sell these like new Prime HD and IceCap1k! Lemme know if you want them. I have a potential buyer for the 1k but I will keep you guys updated if the buyer falls through.

A7554340-AACB-42D2-B489-0FE41A39D33F.jpeg

OP
OP
Blitheran

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the UV helped with your bloom? I've had my bloom going for 5 weeks. Ready to cave and get a uv sterilizer
Yes sir! 100% helped. It took a week but my take is pristine and clear. Super happy. I have it decommissioned sitting it the original box and the bacterial bloom has yet to come back. Best purchase I ever made.

634BE57B-62AB-4754-AED1-CE3E5F58B577.jpeg

OP
OP
Blitheran

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea... I hope I don’t have to see one of those. It’s amazing life is thriving in the tank but ammonia wont go down!!!
Try a different test kit. API kits are known to be less than accurate.
i have considered that, but I did do a few different ammonia tests on some clean “extra” water I have laying around and it showed up as zero. So I dont know if I should bite the gun and get a different test kit or not.

OP
OP
Blitheran

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, I'd look into another test kit. This is a long cycle for 10gal. Especially if you used Microbacter and Dr Tims. Have you been ghost feeding?
I have not ghost feed since I started the tank. I took the shrimp out around day 15 due to ammonia being 8ppm.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tips for you. I once had a nano and tried SPS and failed. Basically my parameters weren’t stable. When you get SPS, try for something easy first as a test. Maybe a birdsnest. Heck, I’ve even killed birdsnest. New tanks go through many changes as organisms are battling each other to see who will become king and they’ll take over your entire tank in a day. After roughly 6 months (very rough number), other organisms come in to play and your tank kind jumps out of the “uglies” phase and settles in and keeping more difficult corals tends to become easier. Good luck. Looks good so far

OP
OP
Blitheran

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tips for you. I once had a nano and tried SPS and failed. Basically my parameters weren’t stable. When you get SPS, try for something easy first as a test. Maybe a birdsnest. Heck, I’ve even killed birdsnest. New tanks go through many changes as organisms are battling each other to see who will become king and they’ll take over your entire tank in a day. After roughly 6 months (very rough number), other organisms come in to play and your tank kind jumps out of the “uglies” phase and settles in and keeping more difficult corals tends to become easier. Good luck. Looks good so far
Thanks for the advice!

OP
OP
Blitheran

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas what kind of sps are you gonna stock the tank with ?
No idea! I have ideas for corals and where to place then, montis near the bottom, my branching corals in the back, tabling acros near edges, etc! Defiantly excited to start putting some coral in the tank!

OP
OP
Blitheran

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on the clowns, my pellet food has been pretty much worthless.. so I am going to need to look into buying some other type of pellet food.

I bought mysis and brine shrimp to try and get these two clowns eating as I don’t want them to starve and I hate marine life dying. Im already also to attached to them hehe.

I tried feed some mysis and brine and to my surprise they would look at it, then try it and spit it out. So I am a little worried. I bought some garlic from amazon so it should be here later today. I am going to try and feed them one last time today!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back