10 gallon stocking

TLudwig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 10 gallon set up currently has 1 emerald crab, but I’m looking to add a fish (or 2?). If I added a chalk basslet, would a goby be safe as well in a tank this size? I’m new to nano tanks.
A6678A02-2431-4C3F-A6C9-69C269288A13.jpeg

LIreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes those 2 go together
The chalk bass will be on the top to middle of the and the goby on the bottom

gobys are a great fish for nano tanks
You can get a trio of pajama cardinals too
if you choose to add clowns you might be limit to just them and a goby.
Clowns when the age can get very nasty and will even chase fish much bigger than them self
Even your hand

mind clowns was good for 2 years then one day they decided they no longer wanted me to put my hand in their tank lol

OP
OP
TLudwig

TLudwig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, that gives me more options than I thought. Wasn’t sure about clowns just because of what you said, I don’t want them to take over a small tank

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank. What filtration do you have on it? I am asking because I have an unused 10 gallon I am thinking of setting up as a nano reef, but I have no clue waht would be the best setup for filtration. I am debating whether to get a Fiji Cube AIO kit, or maybe get a AQ 70 filter and mod it into a mini refugium (or just buy the InTank media basket for it). Any tips would be appreciated.

OP
OP
TLudwig

TLudwig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I’m running an aqueon 30 but have been looking into getting the coralife filter/ skimmer combo. Definitely trying to upgrade this HOB

SebastianM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank. What filtration do you have on it? I am asking because I have an unused 10 gallon I am thinking of setting up as a nano reef, but I have no clue waht would be the best setup for filtration. I am debating whether to get a Fiji Cube AIO kit, or maybe get a AQ 70 filter and mod it into a mini refugium (or just buy the InTank media basket for it). Any tips would be appreciated.

Not trying to hijack the thread here, but I am currently working on setting up a 10 gallon nano also. I am going to be running an Aquaclear 70, the filter itself comes with a 3 layers of media, sponge, carbon pouch, and a sack of ceramic bio media. I am going to be replacing the stock carbon pouch with a pouch of Chemi Pure Blue. The filter itself pushes about 300 gph of flow, paired with the small 240 Koralia head should give me the perfect flow. Later down the road the filter can be modded into a HOB chaeto refugium, a couple of “how-to” videos on YouTube.

SebastianM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I’m running an aqueon 30 but have been looking into getting the coralife filter/ skimmer combo. Definitely trying to upgrade this HOB

I haven’t heard/read of too many success stories with HOB nano skimmers. They are usually a real pain to dial in properly.

OP
OP
TLudwig

TLudwig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to hijack the thread here, but I am currently working on setting up a 10 gallon nano also. I am going to be running an Aquaclear 70, the filter itself comes with a 3 layers of media, sponge, carbon pouch, and a sack of ceramic bio media. I am going to be replacing the stock carbon pouch with a pouch of Chemi Pure Blue. The filter itself pushes about 300 gph of flow, paired with the small 240 Koralia head should give me the perfect flow. Later down the road the filter can be modded into a HOB chaeto refugium, a couple of “how-to” videos on YouTube.
I picked up a aqua clear 30 since this thread and my algae barn shipment comes tomorrow :) gonna go for the in filter chaeto refugium with some pods

OP
OP
TLudwig

TLudwig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured the 30 was plenty for a 10 if I had chaeto and plenty of media

Rilo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10g mixed reef. I have 1 clownfish and 1 pygmy hawkfish. I'm planning on getting another clown and a tailspot blenny. My reef has plenty of hiding places so I'm not worried about territory battles.

I have a HOB protein skimmer that has been working great, like others have said it is a pain to dial in.

I have a BB that I'm thinking of adding sand to. So I'll potentially also add some kind of sand sifting goby (YWG or Court Jester Goby) in the future.

Just some thought for future stockings!

SebastianM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10g mixed reef. I have 1 clownfish and 1 pygmy hawkfish. I'm planning on getting another clown and a tailspot blenny. My reef has plenty of hiding places so I'm not worried about territory battles.

I have a HOB protein skimmer that has been working great, like others have said it is a pain to dial in.

I have a BB that I'm thinking of adding sand to. So I'll potentially also add some kind of sand sifting goby (YWG or Court Jester Goby) in the future.

Just some thought for future stockings!
Out of curiosity, what nano skimmer are you running? If it works then I may be on the market for one :)

cflores

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the eshopps skimmer is great. the trick is got get the water level steady once you tune it

Rilo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity, what nano skimmer are you running? If it works then I may be on the market for one :)

I'm running the Macro Aqua M-50. Definitely a budget skimmer and it takes awhile to break in but once it does it works great. I recommend it! (Just note. That if you get it and decide to clean out the collection cup turn off the skimmer or it will flood the floor.)

It's also very visible in the tank.

426HEMI

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW I recently started a nano 10g as well. 1 fish so far but lots of cleaner types in there as well. You can also turn the HOB filter into a fuge.

Back