10 gem tangs on DD?

Lateral72

Chaetodontidae
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if we'll see RVS kill Gem Tang prices, like they did with the Moyer's & Pintail Wrasses, and a few other species by flooding the market.

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if we'll see RVS kill Gem Tang prices, like they did with the Moyer's & Pintail Wrasses, and a few other species by flooding the market.

Sounds good to me. I predict $200 within two years. They aren’t a rare fish.

I’m surprised DD would list so many at once. Kind of tough to push the illusion of them being rare and justifying a $900 price tag when you’ve got 10 posted.

Lateral72

Chaetodontidae
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good to me. I predict $200 within two years. They aren’t a rare fish.

I’m surprised DD would list so many at once. Kind of tough to push the illusion of them being rare and justifying a $900 price tag when you’ve got 10 posted.
Yea, I'm definitely not against it. Just doesn't make sense from their perspective, as well as importers.

I bet it has something to do with most of the Petco's getting stock of Gem Tangs as well. I wonder if they didn't buy an entire shipment or something.

russell13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just between you and me. I think yellow and purple tangs look better then gem tangs. I think we just make a big deal out of them because we don’t see them that often

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just between you and me. I think yellow and purple tangs look better then gem tangs. I think we just make a big deal out of them because we don’t see them that often

I totally agree. The price is driven by supply and demand and has very little to do appearance of the fish. I wouldn’t buy a gem tang even if the price drops to $100.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 30 60.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.0%
Back