$100 dollars to spend

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about just a gift card to Bulk Reef Supply or Marine Depot both have a ton of stuff to pick from. Or if you are looking to add more corals a gift card to an online store, AquaSD has really nice stuff, some is a little expensive but they do a lot of sales through out the year and you can get some good stuff. Or do you have a LFS that you like to go to?

OP
OP
Hallowhead

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about just a gift card to Bulk Reef Supply or Marine Depot both have a ton of stuff to pick from. Or if you are looking to add more corals a gift card to an online store, AquaSD has really nice stuff, some is a little expensive but they do a lot of sales through out the year and you can get some good stuff. Or do you have a LFS that you like to go to?
I do have a local LFS at the bottom of the list. I am just looking for equipment/tools that some may use/have that I just wouldn't think but make the hobby maintenance much easier. Loving all the ideas.

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have a local LFS at the bottom of the list. I am just looking for equipment/tools that some may use/have that I just wouldn't think but make the hobby maintenance much easier. Loving all the ideas.
My vote is for the Hanna Checkers (alk and cal). Regardless of whether you are dosing and/or have alot of corals is irrelevant. You will at some point have that tank packed with corals and will possibly dose (or do water changes) and you will need to know where you are at Alk, Cal, Mg wise. Because sometimes those levels can be off (bad batch of salt) and you can test your fresh saltwater before doing a water change

OP
OP
Hallowhead

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My vote is for the Hanna Checkers (alk and cal). Regardless of whether you are dosing and/or have alot of corals is irrelevant. You will at some point have that tank packed with corals and will possibly dose (or do water changes) and you will need to know where you are at Alk, Cal, Mg wise. Because sometimes those levels can be off (bad batch of salt) and you can test your fresh saltwater before doing a water change
I have a alk hanna & was considering a calcium, may just get a salifert one though.

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are so many to choose from but BRS sells an inexpensive one with a pump.

OP
OP
Hallowhead

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are so many to choose from but BRS sells an inexpensive one with a pump.
Does only the 75 dollar one come with the sicce 1.5? Much cheaper than I anticipated.

Does this help or hurt keeping algae to a minimum?

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that is for the one with the pump. As for algae that can be a tricky question. Maybe it will, maybe it wont. Carbon will help keep water clean and clear but that also makes light transmission better which will help grow algae.

OP
OP
Hallowhead

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that is for the one with the pump. As for algae that can be a tricky question. Maybe it will, maybe it wont. Carbon will help keep water clean and clear but that also makes light transmission better which will help grow algae.
I think I have stepped away from the thought of a reactor. It's just not necessary just yet. A bag of activated carbon is sufficient for now.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back