100% proven anemone light schedule for fluval evo 13.5 AI light settings

JenniferColor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

Someone PLEASE help me out with confirmed light schedule settings for the basic AI PRIME light with my evo 13.5. There's so much extra noise online about options and i find myself frustrated. Anyone have proven and working successfully settings?

Thanks!

OP
OP
J

JenniferColor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

Someone PLEASE help me out with confirmed light schedule settings for the basic AI PRIME light with my evo 13.5. There's so much extra noise online about options and i find myself frustrated. Anyone have proven and working successfully settings?

Thanks!
I see posts on here with similar questions but they all have dramatically lowered lights than expected vs the online community that insists UV settings should be cranked up all the way and that the AI isn't hardly enough for anemones via color spectrum. Why the stark difference in answers. Which ones correct? Coral are normalcy prone to consistency so it's frustrating to have to narrow down such stark contrasts.

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see posts on here with similar questions but they all have dramatically lowered lights than expected vs the online community that insists UV settings should be cranked up all the way and that the AI isn't hardly enough for anemones via color spectrum. Why the stark difference in answers. Which ones correct? Coral are normalcy prone to consistency so it's frustrating to have to narrow down such stark contrasts.

I don’t think there is anything in the universe that is proven. Commonly accepted is the best you will get. To your question, what will work best for you can only be determined through observation. Anything else will be a guideline. What corals do you have in your tank and how are they doing? If you have anything medium to high light that is doing well in my opinion your anemone will do fine.

OP
OP
J

JenniferColor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think there is anything in the universe that is proven. Commonly accepted is the best you will get. To your question, what will work best for you can only be determined through observation. Anything else will be a guideline. What corals do you have in your tank and how are they doing? If you have anything medium to high light that is doing well in my opinion your anemone will do fine.
Normally with corals that would be my best bet, agreed. Commonly accepted would be fine, but I'm seeing quite a bit of commonly accepted on both sides of the light spectrum. You'd think that would mean either/or option would work effectively..but with my bta I'd prefer not to experiment and just try the best tried and true method I can find. Having the highest of highs, versus the lowest of lows doesn't seem to really narrow it down.

In this tank I have acans, zoas, some mushrooms and a couple platers. Oh, and some teeny tiny frags of acros growing near the tip top. The bta eats half a shrimp a couple days a week..and I've had no mouth gaping problems. Water change out about 15 percent every week to avoid high alk and stable numbers. Flow is awesome, bta seems to love shimmering around in it. Just need to lock in the light.

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the anemone moving around the tank? If it’s staying one place and accepting food I would say he’s got what he needs.

As an aside how does changing water avoid raising alkalinity?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics will really help, its not easy to advise someone on how to fix their lights on their tank, every tank is different. If you don't have a PAR meter, then no matter what, its just a guess.

OP
OP
J

JenniferColor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the anemone moving around the tank? If it’s staying one place and accepting food I would say he’s got what he needs.

As an aside how does changing water avoid raising alkalinity?
It's got itself a good place in the center of the top rock, right under the light.. But it does this thing where it dramatically shrinks to almost nothing (it's definitely not pooping lol) and flushes color. It turns almost a legitimate neon color and stays like that for hours. It looks like it's stressed and fragile. Then my clownfish come try to host and it gets even more tweaked off.

I think I'll try the earlier pre-set suggestion for the AI light and see if there's any good results. Honestly it's one of the more low light options but I guess we'll just have to see. I'll wait a week and post results if anyone's interested.

Thanks ladies and gentlemen!

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a BTA at a similar depth that is doing great using Drew Orozco’s signature schedule at 75%

I don’t really feed it but it’s gotten huge.

IMG_4539.jpeg Snapseed.jpeg

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big are the clowns vs the anemone? My clowns usually kill about half the splits I get do to their enthusiastic love.

OP
OP
J

JenniferColor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a BTA at a similar depth that is doing great using Drew Orozco’s signature schedule at 75%

IMG_4539.jpeg Snapseed.jpeg
Beautiful anemone! Any links or images associated with that schedule maybe? Willing to give things a try, especially if you're having success.

OP
OP
J

JenniferColor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big are the clowns vs the anemone? My clowns usually kill about half the splits I get do to their enthusiastic love.
I got lucky in that aspect, they're pretty small. This is a pretty large BTA too. The female is obsessed but when the anemone is out and spread it seems to adore the clown.

Razorp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know its been a while since this post was started, but I have found consistency being most important with my BTA's. I've got several par ranges from the upper 200's down to around 100 at the bottom. MY spectrum leans to the blue/UV heavy side, whites peak around 32% midday and then ramp back down. I haven't touched it in over a year and all of my Nems are full and look great! Some Nems move up to the higher 200s on par and some are just as happy at 125-150 par. The worst thing i think you can do with Nems is change things around a lot! The BTA's seem to be quite hardy. I will say if you have different strains, and one of the strains starts melting to nothing, then they are likely attacking each other. You can try running plenty of carbon, but ive had very little luck stopping chemical battles. Every CSB I have tried has melted to nothing while my other BTA's thrive.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back