OP
x_burt

x_burt

Smells like fish...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. Sorry for not being here. It's been a crazy summer but we are getting there!

I haven't done anything on the aquarium. It is still dry with sand and rock work done. I just have too much other stuff on to fill it. I want to enjoy it when the house is done!

I'll have more updates soon. Hope you guys are well. What have you all been up to?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. Sorry for not being here. It's been a crazy summer but we are getting there!

I haven't done anything on the aquarium. It is still dry with sand and rock work done. I just have too much other stuff on to fill it. I want to enjoy it when the house is done!

I'll have more updates soon. Hope you guys are well. What have you all been up to?
Riding a storm out at your summer home:D:D. Good to here from you and I am glad all is well

OP
OP
x_burt

x_burt

Smells like fish...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Riding a storm out at your summer home:D:D. Good to here from you and I am glad all is well

Thanks bud. All well here.
Hope all you guys out there dealing with Irma are staying safe!

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bud. All well here.
Hope all you guys out there dealing with Irma are staying safe!

Finally have a nice big beer, and thank you sir.

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build :) Geez,,, you need some help !!! land scaping,, the house,, the tank,,, pretty much haven't even started the equipment room ,, there just aren't enough hours in a day for you,,,

OP
OP
x_burt

x_burt

Smells like fish...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build :) Geez,,, you need some help !!! land scaping,, the house,, the tank,,, pretty much haven't even started the equipment room ,, there just aren't enough hours in a day for you,,,

Hit the nail in the head, I need 36 hour days!
Between the house build which I'm doing on my own, a young family and full time school things are pretty busy right now!

But we are moving forward slowly so we are starting to see the light again. It will get done it just takes time!

OP
OP
x_burt

x_burt

Smells like fish...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
d16abaf78b93706d5868892f56ac9a0e.png

I started a Facebook page to follow the build thread a while ago. But it just feels like I'm repeating myself.

So I will stop the Facebook page. Keep the tank build thread on here and I have just started an Instagram page that once it's caught up with the build I can keep updated with photos that don't go on this thread.
I think the two should compliment each other pretty well.

So if you are in Instagram please get in there and follow and share, help me build up the following!

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
d16abaf78b93706d5868892f56ac9a0e.png

I started a Facebook page to follow the build thread a while ago. But it just feels like I'm repeating myself.

So I will stop the Facebook page. Keep the tank build thread on here and I have just started an Instagram page that once it's caught up with the build I can keep updated with photos that don't go on this thread.
I think the two should compliment each other pretty well.

So if you are in Instagram please get in there and follow and share, help me build up the following!
Nice, It easier to read through your build thread here.

OP
OP
x_burt

x_burt

Smells like fish...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
692408eac3af8d2c996b69fcea5b047c.jpg

Just had the ventilation guy here.
Next week he is going to set up the ventilation for the aquarium.

I didn't want the air from the aquarium or aquarium room going into the main system.

So his plan is to have pvc pipes instead of the metal ventilation pipes.
We will have a small vent blowing air into the space above the aquarium and a plastic pipe taking the air out and straight outside.
Same in the aquarium room. Plastic pipe will bring air in and out of that room and directly outside.

Anyone got experience in this?

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
692408eac3af8d2c996b69fcea5b047c.jpg

Just had the ventilation guy here.
Next week he is going to set up the ventilation for the aquarium.

I didn't want the air from the aquarium or aquarium room going into the main system.

So his plan is to have pvc pipes instead of the metal ventilation pipes.
We will have a small vent blowing air into the space above the aquarium and a plastic pipe taking the air out and straight outside.
Same in the aquarium room. Plastic pipe will bring air in and out of that room and directly outside.

Anyone got experience in this?

That is brilliant, I May I had a new AC system installed. My Co2 levels went up inside the house and I am thinking of having a fresh air vent installing in the handler to bring in fresh air into the system. The reason I am saying brilliant is that like use your house will be closed up all winter and this will help with Co2 levels

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would imagine if you're going to go that far with it, you'll want to get two HRV's (or just one tied to both rooms) so you have minimal losses in room temp due to exterior ventilation.

That's how most folks do it today with the very tightly sealed / energy efficient homes being produced.

OP
OP
x_burt

x_burt

Smells like fish...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping we can use one system that does both the fish room and over the display.

A friend of mine had an issue that he was sucking out more air than was being blown into his room so he could feel air and heat being sucked in from the next room.

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the point of a heat recovery ventilator. It beats negative pressure because it has a sort of cross connect that brings in outside air and transfers the heat/cool of the outbound air into the inbound air.

http://www.lennox.com/products/indoor-air-quality/ventilation/hrv shows what i'm talking about. It's basically a way to get fresh air into tightly sealed homes.

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh - you can certainly have one HRV for both the fish room and display room - but if you want to get fresh air into the home as well and keep the air separated, you'll need two of them. I don't think they're all that expensive - just a fan and a little honeycomb box inside, the install is usually where you get stuck.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
x_burt

x_burt

Smells like fish...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1cbceadc1addee6f0ecf85edc2eb0fa4.jpg
I just got this cool statue off of Amazon. It is right at place in the fish room.

I think you guys will appreciate

That's cool. I have some aquarium items like that I want to add to the aquarium room.
Got a full set of TMC reefscape lego I'm looking forward to building up!

4a66ce88e9edfc395d4ec0dd4287a5ea.png

They had it in their display at Interzoo a few years ago and then released some of the fish for sale.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • None.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back