OP
Arron209

Arron209

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got an Artisan II 70g. I want to redo the sump plumbing. Where did you get those conversion unions? And did you replace the ball valve cadlights supplied?
Thanks for the like. As far as the unions. I got them at flexpvc.
Here's the links to the ones that I got specifically.
https://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?p=PVC-Fittings-Metric-Adapters&p_id=8697-040&xm=on&ppinc=detail
And
https://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?p=PVC-Fittings-Metric-Adapters&p_id=8697-025&xm=on&ppinc=detail

I did replace the ball valve with a better gate valve from bulkreef supply. It has more precise control over the flow and is easier to turn than a standard ball valve. I'll be updating my thread soon with pictures of the pluming once I get all the parts.

Last edited:

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FedEx dropped off a package at my door this morning. What could it be?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Custom "Sapphire" 34. Trigger systems did an awesome job and I'm very happy with the packaging as well. Can't wait to start plumbing!

Box says 34 Emerald. How did you get a sapphire one? Haven't seen sapphire before. Very nice. :)

OP
OP
Arron209

Arron209

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Box says 34 Emerald. How did you get a sapphire one? Haven't seen sapphire before. Very nice. :)
Thanks. On the box they wrote "blue" under the other trigger series box. I had Trigger Systems build it blue for me. Just email them if you're interested. Might cost a bit more than the green.

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting this build thread. This is exactly what I'm wanting to do as I have been talking to CAD Lights and they finally have it to where you can order the tank and stand only.

I am wanting to build the 70G or 100G with a Trigger sump and ATO. Can't wait to see your finished set-up.

Isaac Alves

www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the like. As far as the unions. I got them at flexpvc.
Here's the links to the ones that I got specifically.
https://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?p=PVC-Fittings-Metric-Adapters&p_id=8697-040&xm=on&ppinc=detail
And
https://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?p=PVC-Fittings-Metric-Adapters&p_id=8697-025&xm=on&ppinc=detail

I did replace the ball valve with a better gate valve from bulkreef supply. It has more precise control over the flow and is easier to turn than a standard ball valve. I'll be updating my thread soon with pictures of the pluming once I get all the parts.

Just made my order. Thanks again.

Isaac Alves

www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Arron209 So...I'm sorry for the million questions, but now that i have these connections to 1.25" and 3/4" unions...where do you get pipes and fittings for the 1.25" pipe to your gate valve? I don't see 1.25" as an option on the @Bulk Reef Supply site for that size. Are you using some sort of adaptor? And we're talking Schedule 80 at this point, correct?

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. On the box they wrote "blue" under the other trigger series box. I had Trigger Systems build it blue for me. Just email them if you're interested. Might cost a bit more than the green.

I see that it says blue now that I'm not trying to work at the same time. :)

newe70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a nice tank, bud. I have a 100g Cadlights Artisan II and very pleased with it also. Keep the pictures coming with your build progress.

OP
OP
Arron209

Arron209

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a nice tank, bud. I have a 100g Cadlights Artisan II and very pleased with it also. Keep the pictures coming with your build progress.

Great looking tank and sump. Good luck with your build and keep the pictures coming.

Thanks guys. I'll definitely be updating with pictures.

OP
OP
Arron209

Arron209

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So not a huge update but it counts! Put a 1/4" yoga mat cut to fit my stand. This should help reduce any vibrations and keep the sump from getting scratched. I also got a small planner to keep track of maintenance and water test results.
image.jpeg

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So not a huge update but it counts! Put a 1/4" yoga mat cut to fit my stand. This should help reduce any vibrations and keep the sump from getting scratched. I also got a small planner to keep track of maintenance and water test results.

I was going to use a planner but then I found the iOS app "Aquarimate" and love it.

OP
OP
Arron209

Arron209

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I need some plumbing opinions!
Option 1:
image.jpeg

Or
Option 2:
image.jpeg

I'll have better control over the flow with the second option but I can't use both of the overflow holes in my sump.

OP
OP
Arron209

Arron209

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok finally updating the thread.

I got the rock work done by Jestersix outta Fresno.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I ordered two 75g water storage tanks from norwesco and they should be built in a couple more weeks. I also picked up a panworld pump so I can pump ro/di or saltwater from the garage to the tank. One of my goals with this new built is to never lift another bucket of water again.
image.jpeg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Aquascape looks good!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 45 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.5%
Back