100g Mixed Reef Scape

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prototype layout - going to start cycling rock in a trash can over the weekend.

48 x 24 x 20.

Going for a mixed reef setup. Lots of LPS in the middle, SPS on the top, and mushrooms toward the bottom. I do plan on getting about 10 lbs of smaller live rock to put around the base of the tank.

We tried a few iterations and thought this maximized the diffent “levels” of the tank for the most varieties of coral to grow.

Highest peak of the rock is the top 1/3rd of the tank. The majority of the “top of the rocks” is a around the mid point of the tank.

I plan on having a moderate bio load of fish.

Flow wise: maxspect 330 on the left and right panes. 2x octo pulse 2s on the back wall

IMG_2821.jpeg IMG_2820.jpeg

Last edited:

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prototype layout - going to start cycling rock in a trash can over the weekend.

48 x 24 x 20.

Going for a mixed reef setup. Lots of LPS in the middle, SPS on the top, and mushrooms toward the bottom. I do plan on getting about 10 lbs of smaller live rock to put around the base of the tank.

We tried a few iterations and thought this maximized the diffent “levels” of the tank for the most varieties of coral to grow.

Highest peak of the rock is the top 1/3rd of the tank. The majority of the “top of the rocks” is a around the mid point of the tank.

I plan on having a moderate bio load of fish.

Flow wise: maxspect 330 on the left and right panes. 2x octo pulse 2s on the back wall

IMG_2821.jpeg IMG_2820.jpeg
Aquascape looks great!

Cool Ethan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks fantastic! I usually prefer more negative space but the structure is awesome here.

What sand did you go with?

RockBox13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks great already but with water and the lights on, it’s going to look awesome. I really like the “hovering” look just above the sand.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back