100galSCAquariums or 100galMiracles

  • Thread starter Thread starter fragit
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2012
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
1,869
Location
Freeport
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to be doing an in wall 100gal build I will be starting a thread soon. Any way I was going to go with SCAquariums mostly because of price. Their 100 is on sale for$799 usually costs $1399 glass is 3/8" thick. I emailed miracles their price came to $1795 and will be 5/8 thick. Both use star fire glass. I asked miracles why so thick and Derek said its a structural thing with all the new pumps like mp40s. $1000 dollar difference is a no brainer but I don't want 100 gallons of water to end up on my dining room floor. SCAquariums appears to be eurobraced judging from the pictures. I'm not sure about Miracles and I will email Derek to confirm. What do you guys think?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new