108g BB peninsula build

deerhunter06

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your colors were insane, I’d love to know how you manipulated them. That slimer in the top left went from a red to green in some of those pics. Nice work

ineption

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank and great pictures. What do you use to take pictures with? Also do you post process after taking pictures like Adobe light room as they look fantastic

tippin.turtle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear of your tank crash. I didn't go through your whole thread but curious about your green star polyp on the bottom of the tank from page 1. Would like to know why it was removed or absent in the later stages of the tank? Considering putting it as cover for my bare bottom.

OP
OP
Bacon505

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome tank and great pictures. What do you use to take pictures with? Also do you post process after taking pictures like Adobe light room as they look fantastic
No i use a cannon cameral with white balance adjusted to filtered out the blue lights

OP
OP
Bacon505

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to hear of your tank crash. I didn't go through your whole thread but curious about your green star polyp on the bottom of the tank from page 1. Would like to know why it was removed or absent in the later stages of the tank? Considering putting it as cover for my bare bottom.
It look really nice for a while but then It trapped a lot of detridus. The amount of work keeping those on tbe bottom weight more than viewing pleasure so i removed it.

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the advantage of dropping kalk and dosing alk and cal? Sweet tank love the simplicity

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You run your ALK @ 6.5-7 and Calcium around 500. It seems like a big gap to me and very low for ALK. Clearly you do not have any issues though. Tank looks amazing man! Nice work. I run my ALK @ 9.5dkh and Calcium @ 450. Where do you run your Magnesium? I'm @ 1350ppm. I'm trying to figure out the sweet spot for my ALK. I'm not sure if 9.5 is right. How did you figure out to run yours where you do?

OP
OP
Bacon505

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What’s the advantage of dropping kalk and dosing alk and cal? Sweet tank love the simplicity
I drop kalk and dose pickling lime which is the same ask kalk but way cheaper since $2 last for 6 months. Its better thank dosing alk and cal jusy a bit of extra work

OP
OP
Bacon505

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You run your ALK @ 6.5-7 and Calcium around 500. It seems like a big gap to me and very low for ALK. Clearly you do not have any issues though. Tank looks amazing man! Nice work. I run my ALK @ 9.5dkh and Calcium @ 450. Where do you run your Magnesium? I'm @ 1350ppm. I'm trying to figure out the sweet spot for my ALK. I'm not sure if 9.5 is right. How did you figure out to run yours where you do?
Yeah my alk is always low with high cal and i dont mind since my inhabitant are used to it. I dont know where my mag is at since i dont test them. I dont test a lot lf stuff because i dont feel its necessary. I cant tell you where the sweet spot is because every system is different. You just have to pay attention to your corals and your tank if its happy or not. The simple your system the less trouble shooting if something goes wrong

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah my alk is always low with high cal and i dont mind since my inhabitant are used to it. I dont know where my mag is at since i dont test them. I dont test a lot lf stuff because i dont feel its necessary. I cant tell you where the sweet spot is because every system is different. You just have to pay attention to your corals and your tank if its happy or not. The simple your system the less trouble shooting if something goes wrong
Yea Tu-shay but I'm not one to not test. It's hard to argue with you though because you are proof you don't need to. I like to know where everything is at though so things don't ever get out of whack. We just see and do things differently but were both looking at beautiful corals thru our glass! As long as the end result is coral beauties who cares how we got there?! Lol

IMG_20200712_165112.jpg

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drop kalk and dose pickling lime which is the same ask kalk but way cheaper since $2 last for 6 months. Its better thank dosing alk and cal jusy a bit of extra work

interested to learn and read on this. Have any literature on this? I am spending sooo much currently on dosing two part..would love a cheaper option!

OP
OP
Bacon505

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
interested to learn and read on this. Have any literature on this? I am spending sooo much currently on dosing two part..would love a cheaper option!
Yeah there are some writing on tbe pickling lime that you can buy from grocery story to make pickle. A big bag is about $1.50 that is good enough to mix for several months. I just dont remember the dilution ratio. IMO its is the alternative of a calcium reactor if you cant afford one.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back