108g BB peninsula build

kmatehws12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to see the pictures of the growth of the corals over time. You certainly have maintaining your water quality under control.

OP
OP
Bacon505

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks you, this might supprised you but i ran tab water half the life span of the tank. Until i bought a cheap rodi unit back in november

OP
OP
Bacon505

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Its pretty plain at the begining, with only 35-45lb empty, it isnt much to look at i agree

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, nice progression. Beautiful tank, and I love that you bargain frag [emoji12]

OP
OP
Bacon505

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I liked the gsp on the bottom of the tank. Why did you get rid of it?
It was too much work to maintain it. Detridus stays on the gsp and i have to vacuum it during wc. I got tired so i pull everything out

OP
OP
Bacon505

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_4299.JPG
IMG_4301.JPG
IMG_4304.JPG
Just got my RO external skimmer diablo 250ext rated 500g, excited to set this up when i redo my sump. 5gallon buck for size refference

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
very nice.

Lets get an update :) How often are you feeding your fish and what do you feed? Also do you feed your corals at all?

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice tank i have to say.. Just have a few questions, what you feed the tank? what trace elements you using? how do you fight algae breakouts?

Reefs anonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice Bacon! The selection of corals and colors are really nice. There's hope for a simple tank w/o snake oils and tons of $ to get nice colors.

OP
OP
Bacon505

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice tank i have to say.. Just have a few questions, what you feed the tank? what trace elements you using? how do you fight algae breakouts?
I feed my fish twice daily with home made food i blend for my 14 fishy. My fish food also feed my corals and also benefit from my fish poops, lots of it lol. I dont feed any other supplements. I dose only the 4 main elements ca,alk,mag and k+. I used to have briopsis so i suck it out when i do water change. Now the blue clove polyps took over the entired rock so no more algae

OP
OP
Bacon505

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice Bacon! The selection of corals and colors are really nice. There's hope for a simple tank w/o snake oils and tons of $ to get nice colors.
I agree, too many products out there offer the same thing that you can get from fish poops. This hobby is expensive so i try to save as much as i can

Reefs anonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed you started out with leds then switched to t5. Did you also relocate the tank? Looks like it's in a different location than the first few pics. What lighting are you currently running? So let me get this straight, you only dose the big 3, ca,alk,& mg. When you dose k+ what level you aim for? Then you simply do what % water change and how often? You use a big skimmer and t5's with good water movement. Do you use any mechanical filtration? Gfo or carbon? Thx

OP
OP
Bacon505

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I noticed you started out with leds then switched to t5. Did you also relocate the tank? Looks like it's in a different location than the first few pics. What lighting are you currently running? So let me get this straight, you only dose the big 3, ca,alk,& mg. When you dose k+ what level you aim for? Then you simply do what % water change and how often? You use a big skimmer and t5's with good water movement. Do you use any mechanical filtration? Gfo or carbon? Thx
Thanks, correct i started out as cheap chinese black box from ebay. It was a budget build so i didnt use high end equipments. The tank at my old home then i moved to my new home in september. Took me 12hours to move the dang thing. Told myself never move again lol such a pain. I switched to t5 about a year ago. Yes i dose the 4 elements but i only test for alk and cal. I never test for the other two or anything else in that matter. I use my red corals such as the monti cap to tell me if i should add k+ or not of the red colors isnt red where it supposed to be. And i do 20g water change weekly with reef crystal(just because its cheap and it come in 200g box,no other reason) correct on strong lighting, flow and big nutrient import export. My only mechanical filtration is my skimmer, no gfo no carbon or any form of media. I have filter shocks but mainly to catch fishes that like to explore my drain pipes. Hope this helps

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back