109g fish stocking question/advice

czoolander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New here so be gentle lol

I have a 109 gallon tank up and running for a year currently with the following fish
1- Tomini Tang
1-Foxface rabbitfish
1-oscellaris clown
1-coral beauty angel
2- chromis not sure what kind but solid dark blue

Now I would love to add another 1-2 tangs if possible and a wrasse . I have really been struggling to find a suitable tang for a 109g with an established tomini tang who is still fairly small 4-5” . I have considered yellow tang but they are impossible to buy right now . Kole tang but think they are similar body shape might be a problem??

What would you add to my stocking list if you were me ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

jradishness

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe something for low in the tank? Like a goby or a lawnmower blenny? I don’t know the dimensions on a 109, so I can’t recommend a tang. Maybe a partner for your clown? Good luck either way!

OP
OP
czoolander

czoolander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the delay @Zionas and @jradishness I have the red sea reefer 525 xl and I believe my dimensions are as follows 59 " x 22" x 22.5 " . With this in mind I was thinking of adding a scopas tang and yellow eye kole tang if I can find one or blue eye kole tang . I would QT the scopas and kole tang together for a month and then add together under the cover of night fall and moniter the interactions with my tomini tang . My 5 fish are very chill right now so I would like to keep it this way if possible. I know nothing is a guarantee with fish and you can get a aggressive or peaceful fish however I would like to always do my research before I purchase anything that is a setup for failure from the beginning.

Thoughts on the scopas and kole tang plan ??

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back