10g nano lighting & zoas

Kaylajo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wondering what is the best lighting for a 9.6 gallon nano tank without totally breaking the bank. Honestly I don’t even know what I have now, but it seems to be keeping my acans and Xenia very happy. I want this tank to be full of zoas, mushrooms, acans, maybe a hammer/torch. Stuff along those lines. Any suggestions?
also, this same tank does not keep zoas happy. They close up and get smaller in size. They were in the tank for 3 days, while only looking worse. I then moved them to a 29 gallon where they are thriving. The only thing I can think of is that my 9.6 gallon is almost too clean for them? My ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates have been 0 for over a month now. I really want to have a zoa garden, but I need to figure out what is making them mad. My Ricordea is also a hit or miss, jr seems to be getting smaller in size but I see it developed a new mouth. This tank is able to support palythoa s though that unfortunately came with the live rock. Any help would be great, thank you!!

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any generic black box like a Mars Aqua is perfect for a 10gal. Or, a used kessil 160 if you like shimmer.

KevinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check out inappropriate reefer on youtube, he have a budget 10g series

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Viparspectra

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back