10g nano reef

mikayla.nems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! Thanks for all of your help on my initial post! I brought the tank home today and seems like the emerald crab and green mushroom have been doing good. The crab is busy eating algae off of rocks/floor. You can see him on top of the rock in the photo.

When do you think it is a good idea to start adding fish? For reference, this tank has been running for 3-4 months with the same rock and crab along with 2 CFs/mini CUC. This is also the same water that the seller had, it is not new. I also want to add Caribsea sand at some point.

3.23.24.png

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool tank. You won't have many fish in that tank. You can probably add 1 or two and call it a day whenever you want if it'd been running that long. I would add the sand first though.

Check the nitrates and make sure you don't need to do a waterchange.

But I would definitely add the sand and then the fish. This would be a nice tank for a pair of clowns. Or a couple small gobies.

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new tank! If it’s been running for 3-4 months with some livestock, I think you’re ready to add fish. Agreed with the above - you’re likely just going to have 1-2 fish in there. I’ve got a 15 gallon and only have 3. May get one more in the future. You can definitely have more inverts though! If you’re planning to add sand, I’d do that first before adding anything else. I’d also recommend fully rinsing out the sand (until the water runs clear) first before it goes in - irrespective of it being ‘live sand” or not. Happy reefing! Looking forward to seeing updates :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back