10G QT Setup Questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter sternicus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sternicus

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 27, 2017
Messages
890
Reaction score
212
Location
Pennsylvania
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just need help clarifying a few things that have been covered before, but dont seem to have a concise answer on.

If I add corals on day 1 to my coral QT tank, and then add corals on day 20, does this restart the QT process for the corals added on day 1?

Also, is a 10G large enough for a few SPS corals to be quaratined in?

I generally only buy from a few select large retailers online, my local LFS are not dependable.
 
What do you mean? Did you delete a comment? Sorry I did not see it
I replied but decided what I posted may not really be helpful because it was more about fish QT so I removed it. Sorry for the confusion, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable about coral QT than I will come along.
 
I replied but decided what I posted may not really be helpful because it was more about fish QT so I removed it. Sorry for the confusion, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable about coral QT than I will come along.
Okay thanks anyways!
 
I just need help clarifying a few things that have been covered before, but dont seem to have a concise answer on.

If I add corals on day 1 to my coral QT tank, and then add corals on day 20, does this restart the QT process for the corals added on day 1?

Also, is a 10G large enough for a few SPS corals to be quaratined in?

I generally only buy from a few select large retailers online, my local LFS are not dependable.
Yes it would restart. A flatworm from the day 20 could travel to the day 1 sps and lay eggers on it etc... No the size doesn't matter if the water quality / stability is good.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new