Some QT questions from a busy reefer

EastonsReef

Reef Madness!
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2025
Messages
305
Reaction score
492
Location
Tupelo, MS
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

I've been in the hobby for a bit over a year and recently started a new tank. Only livestock is one clown that came from someone who had a very strict QT process so it went directly into the new tank.

My prior tank I had I didn't quarantine since it was only 3-4 fish and definitely backfired on me (Brook and Ich). With the new tank, I've set up a 29 gallon to quarantine with but after reading through the suggested quarantine methods here I'm worried about my consistency with the process. I don't make saltwater at home, I have a friend I'm paying for monthly water changes. Looking at what's required, I don't think I'll have the $ and time to properly quarantine especially with the frequent 100% water changes.

This all leads to the main question, what are some reasonable quarantine procedures? I'm thinking a week of observation, 1-2 weeks of treatment, then another 1-2 weeks of observation? The fish I'll be QTing are a new clown, yasha goby, hector's goby, cleaner goby, tailspot blenny, 3 flasher wrasse, a christmas wrasse, and then a squaretail tang. The squaretail I want to commit to the full 60 day qt with everything I've read about tangs and disease but, since it's last, I think I can handle that. How have other people with limited resources handled quarantining?
 
Thanks for the link. I think I got this process mixed up with others online.

Reading back through it's not as complicated as I first read. Will most likely go this route. I'm blaming my confusion on researching this at 11:00pm when I should have been asleep.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new