10g Stock

Pittsford_Pets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! What're some cool fish for a 10g tank? I'm thinking a pair of designer percula, but that might be overdoing it... maybe a yellow/black clown goby? What do you guys have in your nano tanks?

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90D95140-3634-476B-82D0-B12423903497.jpeg
I have a yellow clown goby in my 75. It’s claimed my finger leather. Taken shortly after lights came on. Great personality and great color.

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look into neon gobies, they have super bright colors and stand out well in even coral packed aquariums :)

Other than that, yellow clown gobies, an ocellaris clown, yasha gobies. I also believe the pink streaked wrasse like the one I have would be a good fit, he doesn't move around too much and seems to like tighter places. Perhaps a possum wrasse would be a good fit as well. I would aim for 2-3 small fish and a couple of small inverts like sexy shrimp or a skunk cleaner shrimp :)

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't hesitate to drop a pair (if you can find 'em paired!) or a single of one of the smaller shrimp-gobies in there, along with an appropriate pistol shrimp.

Tailspot blenny might be worth a look - it's hard to beat a blenny for cuteness!

Firefish would dance above the sand, and a Hector's or Rainford's goby might help you out with hair algae.

~Bruce

OP
OP
Pittsford_Pets

Pittsford_Pets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't hesitate to drop a pair (if you can find 'em paired!) or a single of one of the smaller shrimp-gobies in there, along with an appropriate pistol shrimp.

Tailspot blenny might be worth a look - it's hard to beat a blenny for cuteness!

Firefish would dance above the sand, and a Hector's or Rainford's goby might help you out with hair algae.

~Bruce

I'm gonna pick up the Fluval XII, so far this is what I'm thinking:

• x2 Designer perculas

• Cleaner Shrimp

• Firefish?

• Emerald Crab?

• Black/Yellow? Clown Goby

• x5 Hermits

• Serpent Sea Star

• x5 Nessarius Snails

• x5 Astrea Snails

• Turbo Snail

• Red Scooter

Thoughts? Obviously not all of the fish listed. Definitely the 2 clowns - which do you think, clown gobies, firefish, or scooter?

What're your experiences with emerald crabs? I've heard they eat smaller fish.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The scooter, as with all dragonets, will be relying heavily on the copepods and isopods produced by your tank - and a tank that small won't produce enough of them. Otherwise, I see no major problems.

You might consider replacing the Astrea snails with Trochus. They're a tad more expensive, but if they fall upside-down, Trochus know how to get back up. I haven't had an emerald crab go rogue ... but I have heard of it happening.

~Bruce

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen emerald crabs go after coral.cant beat a blenny they are cute. Clown gobies will add color. The firefish will def add color to the tank as well as some movement.

OP
OP
Pittsford_Pets

Pittsford_Pets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! If you have refugium/Evo experience, is there room for a small one?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back