10g Stock

Discussion in 'Fish Discussion' started by Pittsford_Pets, Dec 6, 2017 at 4:12 PM.

1. Pittsford_Pets

Pittsford_Pets Well-Known Member

Hey everyone! What're some cool fish for a 10g tank? I'm thinking a pair of designer percula, but that might be overdoing it... maybe a yellow/black clown goby? What do you guys have in your nano tanks?

Tags:

2. sfin52

sfin52 Well-Known Member

90D95140-3634-476B-82D0-B12423903497.jpeg I have a yellow clown goby in my 75. It’s claimed my finger leather. Taken shortly after lights came on. Great personality and great color.

3. nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel Goby Whisperer R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Look into neon gobies, they have super bright colors and stand out well in even coral packed aquariums :)

Other than that, yellow clown gobies, an ocellaris clown, yasha gobies. I also believe the pink streaked wrasse like the one I have would be a good fit, he doesn't move around too much and seems to like tighter places. Perhaps a possum wrasse would be a good fit as well. I would aim for 2-3 small fish and a couple of small inverts like sexy shrimp or a skunk cleaner shrimp :)

4. sfin52

sfin52 Well-Known Member

The skunks can get quite big and become aggressive with corals when feeding time comes. Mine ripped food out of corals mouth.

5. Maritimer

Maritimer Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader CTARS Member Build Thread Contributor

I wouldn't hesitate to drop a pair (if you can find 'em paired!) or a single of one of the smaller shrimp-gobies in there, along with an appropriate pistol shrimp.

Tailspot blenny might be worth a look - it's hard to beat a blenny for cuteness!

Firefish would dance above the sand, and a Hector's or Rainford's goby might help you out with hair algae.

~Bruce

6. Pittsford_Pets

I'm gonna pick up the Fluval XII, so far this is what I'm thinking:

• x2 Designer perculas

• Cleaner Shrimp

• Firefish?

• Emerald Crab?

• Black/Yellow? Clown Goby

• x5 Hermits

• Serpent Sea Star

• x5 Nessarius Snails

• x5 Astrea Snails

• Turbo Snail

• Red Scooter

Thoughts? Obviously not all of the fish listed. Definitely the 2 clowns - which do you think, clown gobies, firefish, or scooter?

What're your experiences with emerald crabs? I've heard they eat smaller fish.

7. Maritimer

Maritimer Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader CTARS Member Build Thread Contributor

The scooter, as with all dragonets, will be relying heavily on the copepods and isopods produced by your tank - and a tank that small won't produce enough of them. Otherwise, I see no major problems.

You might consider replacing the Astrea snails with Trochus. They're a tad more expensive, but if they fall upside-down, Trochus know how to get back up. I haven't had an emerald crab go rogue ... but I have heard of it happening.

~Bruce

8. sfin52

sfin52 Well-Known Member

I’ve seen emerald crabs go after coral.cant beat a blenny they are cute. Clown gobies will add color. The firefish will def add color to the tank as well as some movement.

Pittsford_Pets likes this.
  9. Pittsford_Pets

Thanks everyone! If you have refugium/Evo experience, is there room for a small one?

Draft saved Draft deleted