Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReefLegends

For all your phyto, rotifer and copepods needs
View Badges
Reaction score
If you are looking for starter cultures of phytoplankton and not sure where to turn, you've found the right place. Reef Legends currently has 11 species of phytoplankton offered for culturing. These strains are what we use to restart our carboys each week, these are grown in 1 gallon jars which gives us a better sanitization process than our 6.5 gallon carboys.

Our culture strains are shipped Monday and Wednesday's, our website; rlutah.com, is updated on Wednesday/Thursday afternoons each week. Strains are harvested at the end of the day to ensure the shortest delivery time to you. Culture strains are shipped via 2 day UPS or an upgraded overnight option for $30 for 3, 16 ounce bottles, cost of phytoplankton is separate. Every strain comes with a 3 day window to file a claim if there is an issue, life happens sometimes UPS shows up late and the phyto has to wait an extra day.

We also sell our fertilizers & silicate water aka water glass on the site, nothing is hiding here, we want to see you become successful in growing phytoplankton or pods if you want to put in the effort.

Phytoplankton for culture

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back