110 downsized to IM NUVO 75INT

kjbrooks71

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm kinda new here, been reading and watching for the last couple of months. A little back story i bought my 110 about 15 years ago. Went to the LFS with a 90G in mind and walked out with the 110. Didn't realize all the challenges that extra 4" of depth would cause. Anyways, I have that tank running for the last 15 years or so. Never kept any corals, have lots of fish and some macro algaes. About 8 years ago i bought my favorite fish - an Australian Harlequin Tusk. Had him about 4 years before he decided to take a leap of faith on the floor behind the tank. Right then i was done with everything. I was prepared to take the tank down and start a cichlid tank. My wife convinced me to keep it running but after that i didnt do much maintenance or even look to buy new fish. BTW, my wife hates that tank... Fast foward and i have decided to downsize and make changes on how the whole tank runs. All new equipment, new tank the works. So here i am. Last Friday, I emptied the 110 moved it and set up the 75 in its place. I used about 50 gallons of the old water and the rest was newly mixed water that i setup in the garage. I kept the 3 gobies and a coral beauty as well as some zoas that ive acquired in the past couple of months.
Tank looks good, had some minor plumbing issues and i'm still waiting to setup my Reefi Duo (i didn't buy the bracket to hold the light, only the light and attachment to hold the bracket).
I will post pics soon.
Thanks for listening....

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing

sometimes a little refresh is all that is needed. Can’t wait to see pics. I just put up a 75. I like it.

Also, I used to live in coconut creek for 15 -20 years. Miss the good food

OP
OP
kjbrooks71

kjbrooks71

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing

sometimes a little refresh is all that is needed. Can’t wait to see pics. I just put up a 75. I like it.

Also, I used to live in coconut creek for 15 -20 years. Miss the good food
I'm actually in Margate, so i bet you miss the food. I will post some pics soon.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back