110 downsized to IM NUVO 75INT

kjbrooks71

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2019
Messages
66
Reaction score
61
Location
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm kinda new here, been reading and watching for the last couple of months. A little back story i bought my 110 about 15 years ago. Went to the LFS with a 90G in mind and walked out with the 110. Didn't realize all the challenges that extra 4" of depth would cause. Anyways, I have that tank running for the last 15 years or so. Never kept any corals, have lots of fish and some macro algaes. About 8 years ago i bought my favorite fish - an Australian Harlequin Tusk. Had him about 4 years before he decided to take a leap of faith on the floor behind the tank. Right then i was done with everything. I was prepared to take the tank down and start a cichlid tank. My wife convinced me to keep it running but after that i didnt do much maintenance or even look to buy new fish. BTW, my wife hates that tank... Fast foward and i have decided to downsize and make changes on how the whole tank runs. All new equipment, new tank the works. So here i am. Last Friday, I emptied the 110 moved it and set up the 75 in its place. I used about 50 gallons of the old water and the rest was newly mixed water that i setup in the garage. I kept the 3 gobies and a coral beauty as well as some zoas that ive acquired in the past couple of months.
Tank looks good, had some minor plumbing issues and i'm still waiting to setup my Reefi Duo (i didn't buy the bracket to hold the light, only the light and attachment to hold the bracket).
I will post pics soon.
Thanks for listening....
 
Thanks for sharing

sometimes a little refresh is all that is needed. Can’t wait to see pics. I just put up a 75. I like it.

Also, I used to live in coconut creek for 15 -20 years. Miss the good food
 
Thanks for sharing

sometimes a little refresh is all that is needed. Can’t wait to see pics. I just put up a 75. I like it.

Also, I used to live in coconut creek for 15 -20 years. Miss the good food
I'm actually in Margate, so i bet you miss the food. I will post some pics soon.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new