110 Gallon ReefReef

Jizu Puentes

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
458
Location
Middleburg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a hand me down 110 gallon that was a saltwater predator belonging to my wifes aunt then a freshwater planted tank for me for 2 years and now a reef tank coming up on two years old. The display drains to a 40 gallon tank as well as a 55 tank. The 55 houses the skimmer and heater and has a pump in it to feed a 20 gallon refugium above my display in the room behind the tank. The 40 gallon just has a filter sock and a return pump. I hope to eventually upgrade to a 6' 130 gallon and have it as an in wall tank. Here are some pics
IMG_20150524_175523.jpg
Display
20150713_232008.jpg
Refugium Behind / Above Display
20150713_231953.jpg
55
20150713_232051.jpg
40
 
Last edited:
I drew up my plan for redoing the 55 tank currently in use. The refugium and 40 gallon will be taken down once this is done :)
IMG_20150722_161846.jpg
 
Disconnected the refugium and 40 gallon sump and customized the 55 gallon tank to now incorporate the refugium.
20150728_005552.jpg
 
I have gotten rid of the Frankenstein fixture shown in the above picture and hung a Par38 bulb. I also removed the dragons breath algae and added a nice ball of Chaeto.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new