11F150's 180 Gallon Basement build

So, now that a lot of the heavy lifting is done with the tank what are your plans for turning the area into a man cave. I know I'd have a comfy couch in perfect view of the tank, for starters.
 
So, now that a lot of the heavy lifting is done with the tank what are your plans for turning the area into a man cave. I know I'd have a comfy couch in perfect view of the tank, for starters.



Yes that is next! I'm going to have a 20 amp circuit ran to that area so I can run more stuff and get a refrigerator for beverages [emoji482]. Couch and a table will definitely happen. Probably going to get a large rug for the floor and of course man cave decorations.
 
Yes that is next! I'm going to have a 20 amp circuit ran to that area so I can run more stuff and get a refrigerator for beverages [emoji482]. Couch and a table will definitely happen. Probably going to get a large rug for the floor and of course man cave decorations.

Very cool and definitely jealous.
 
Got a dedicated 20A circuit installed today for the tank.


78927799b2442f52591114e1ecebc0d4.jpg




f97171ea9f14846b4437ed1ce40ec632.jpg
 
I love the rock layout too! :)

As-pictured that's a pretty low-flow setup with a semi-dead zone in the middle 24". Does this jive with your coral plans, or do you have plans to change up the flow solution at some point?

Adding a third mp40 and moving them all to the back wall would be the ideal Vortech solution.

You could also repurpose the money you already have in the two Vortechs on a different solution, probably without spending more than you already have in it.

Just thinking! :)
 
I love the rock layout too! :)

As-pictured that's a pretty low-flow setup with a semi-dead zone in the middle 24". Does this jive with your coral plans, or do you have plans to change up the flow solution at some point?

Adding a third mp40 and moving them all to the back wall would be the ideal Vortech solution.

You could also repurpose the money you already have in the two Vortechs on a different solution, probably without spending more than you already have in it.

Just thinking! :)
Long time no see

Glad ur okay and still pushing people away from vortechs and vectras haha

Just kidding I know u love ur tunze products glad ur back
 
I love the rock layout too! :)

As-pictured that's a pretty low-flow setup with a semi-dead zone in the middle 24". Does this jive with your coral plans, or do you have plans to change up the flow solution at some point?

Adding a third mp40 and moving them all to the back wall would be the ideal Vortech solution.

You could also repurpose the money you already have in the two Vortechs on a different solution, probably without spending more than you already have in it.

Just thinking! :)



Hey this will work just fine with my coral plans since it's going to be fowlr for quite sometime :) but if I decide to go coral I will get additional power heads for sure.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new