12 Foot - 450G Office Build

Bnagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1127.jpg

Updated - I've got just about all the equipment running except the chiller (not too worried about it at the moment - will finish that before Thanksgiving hopefully.

Completely cycled
Still trying to get to my goal of single digit nitrate - aiming for ULNS - currently around 10+PPM
Phosphate is 0.00 - need to get myself a ULR to see how 0 it really is.

Will probably cheat a little and get the gang into the DT 3 days shy of 40 days QT. Feel so bad they're cooped up in there. One YT didn't make it - wasn't eating, separated it out, but eventually died. Hippo is still being shy but eating well.

Got myself an Avast Marine automatic skimmer head wiper thing - Was going to put it on today, but probably won't have time to put it on and program Apex.

Running ozone - not sure if it's doing anything. ORP doesn't change much (and yes, I know it shouldn't be a gauge). But what I do know is that, although there's hardly anything crapping in the tank (two fishes in 400+ gallons of water) - I did a 40G water change (and used the water to soak a dead/dried coral I want to put in - and check for leaching phosphates) - and the water was crystal blue in a white bucket. As if it was freshly made. Gotta be worth something right?

IMG_0889.jpg IMG_0890.jpg

Really liked how the 80/20 bars worked out for setting up the XR15s. Changed my mind at the last minute and opted for the 1/4 circle horizontal bar up front - instead of the square bar all around. It's also connected to three 90deg pivots so I can work in the tank and not have to hit the lights.

So far so good - Had a few leaks, but fixed them pretty quick. I must have been a handyman or plumber in a past life - haha!

How did you mount the ecotech RMS mount to the 80/20? What hardware did you use?

OP
OP
L

LeonThePeon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any updates on this beauty?
IMG_2446.jpg

Not much going on. I've tried adding more yellow tangs (5 more total) and they were all killed off by the existing ones in the tank (2 yellows, 1 sailfin, 1 purple, 1 hippo). Apparently, the OG club has been formed and nobody else can become members... I'm done with adding fishes for this year (so I say...) Gonna focus on getting some corals in (and a cover for the bottom)

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
im sure if you add a sohal tang or an achilles tang they would be able to hang and would love that size of tang

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back