12 gallon tall build!?!

allsite

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2021
Messages
193
Reaction score
143
Location
Madison
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A9621C0D-5CF1-43F9-81D4-3CDC05BEA53C.jpeg


I'm thinking about downsizing my 36 bowfront to this tall tank.

12 gallon tall, Dimensions: 23.6" x 8" x 15.75".

Large penplax canister filter
eheims nano skimmer
current usa orbit marine led
sicce powerhead
spinstream
cobalt nano therm
gravity ato

Creatures:
clown pair
yellowtail damselfish
nem
snails/hermits

Do you think this is a cool nano build? I can't even find a photo of this tank with water in it. I'm curious to hear what others think about this unpopular tank option.
 
A9621C0D-5CF1-43F9-81D4-3CDC05BEA53C.jpeg


I'm thinking about downsizing my 36 bowfront to this tall tank.

12 gallon tall, Dimensions: 23.6" x 8" x 15.75".

Large penplax canister filter
eheims nano skimmer
current usa orbit marine led
sicce powerhead
spinstream
cobalt nano therm
gravity ato

Creatures:
clown pair
yellowtail damselfish
nem
snails/hermits

Do you think this is a cool nano build? I can't even find a photo of this tank with water in it. I'm curious to hear what others think about this unpopular tank option.
Are you going to have a sump for your equipment? One downside of tall narrow tanks is oxygen exchange on the surface but you have a light bio load. Are you planning on keeping corals?
 
Are you going to have a sump for your equipment? One downside of tall narrow tanks is oxygen exchange on the surface but you have a light bio load. Are you planning on keeping corals?
No sump, just an oversized canister filter. I do plan on eventually populating it with frags.
 
So i have a 15g column tank, flow is a bit of a pain and so is cleaning.
I also use an oversized canister (fluval 307).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new