120 Custom...TUNZE Addict!!!!

txreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here we go again hopefully I can get to actually put water in this system. For those that don’t I started a build thread this time last year but unexpectedly we decided to move. I didn’t like how the old system fit in the new house so I sold it all. This is as far as I got with the old system.

57AB4384-E60C-4DB8-9C5E-17375F72717E.jpeg

OP
OP
txreefer

txreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what’s the new tank. It’s a custom 120 built by planet aquariums. It should be here this week I also took advantage of the Black Friday sales and will have equipment trickling in this week. As we start getting stuff in I will reveal the master plan.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the summer I got derailed with replacing the aquarium. Me and the wife got Jeeps and the moding began as soon as we took them off the lot.So after a good amount of money spent on jeeps I think @d2mini understand that bug its time for the new tank.

533DAE8E-F0CD-4CAE-9D6E-46CF4CDB5D80.jpeg

ha! TWO no less! ;Woot

I just installed my new tail lights this weekend, as well as the Mopar driveshaft (came with the mopar lift I installed back in july, but never got around to installing the driveshaft), hothead headliners are sitting in a box in the garage, and more black friday goodies are on the way. :D I bought NOTHING for the tank this year. lol

BTW, nice setup! I especially like the red/black combo. ;)
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/d...urban-krawler-jku-1875913-4.html#post31525041

OP
OP
txreefer

txreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. I thought i saw you on wranglerforum. How do you like the mopar lift? I went with a 4” rancho on mine with 37”s the wife got a 3” with 35”s both got front and rear bumpers. I changed out my drive shaft with a Adams. Still have all the little touches to do but doing two jeeps at one time gets crazy quick. Haha.

OP
OP
txreefer

txreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first piece of equipment has showed up. It is a SKIMZ UP34 sump. I could not really find any good info on these. I decided to just go for it. I am pleasantly surprised for the price i paid these are very well built. Nothing like a custom but honestly I’m trying to go more mimalistic and clean looking this time and this works well for that. It has nice thick acrylic and I think it will function well.

12EB8D73-B444-4F85-A78F-2161FE6F1FD9.jpeg

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. I thought i saw you on wranglerforum. How do you like the mopar lift? I went with a 4” rancho on mine with 37”s the wife got a 3” with 35”s both got front and rear bumpers. I changed out my drive shaft with a Adams. Still have all the little touches to do but doing two jeeps at one time gets crazy quick. Haha.
I like it a lot. This is my SECOND 2017 (literally a carbon copy of the first that I totaled back in June) and I had the AEV 2.5 on the first. The mopar with the fox shocks rides better than the aev with bilsteins. Less harsh over road imperfections. I actually swapped out the bilsteins for the rancho 9000xl's on that one.
The AEV handled very well, probably a tad bit better than the Mopar and did pretty good at Hidden Falls Adventure Park, too. But for a DD I prefer the Mopar, right out of the box. I think it has longer springs than the AEV too which would mean a little more articulation.
And don't let the 2" fool you... i gained at least 3.5" of lift in front. :)

OP
OP
txreefer

txreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m definitely digging the red and black combo. I went to the Fox shocks as well i love the way they ride. I found the exact same thing with my lifts they were a little more than advertised haha. I saw the exhaust upgrade you did. Are you still liking it? Does it give just a little rumble with out being obnoxious?

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the exhaust upgrade you did. Are you still liking it? Does it give just a little rumble with out being obnoxious?
Yep, I like it. I only hear it when accelerating, and even then it's not loud. Think of a bone stock Infinity Coupe or something like that.
Quiet as stock while cruising, around town or on the freeway.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the exhaust upgrade you did. Are you still liking it? Does it give just a little rumble with out being obnoxious?
Yep, I like it. I only hear it when accelerating, and even then it's not loud. Think of a bone stock Infinity Coupe or something like that.
Quiet as stock while cruising, around town or on the freeway.

OP
OP
txreefer

txreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the official equipment list for this build.

Tank: 48x24x24 rimless 120 built by planet
Stand: custom 36” tall stand
Sump: Skimz up34
Skimmer: Skimz sm203 dc pump
Media reactor: brs dual reactor
Return : sicce syncra 5.0
Media reactor pump: sicce 1.0 (i think haha)
Lights: 2 ghl Mitras lx7
Controller: ghl profilux 4
Dosing: ghl Doser
Ato: controlled by ghl

Everything has been orderd and will be trickiling in over the next few days except the ghl i am waiting on a Christmas bonus to finance that tank will be arriving Thursday :)

OP
OP
txreefer

txreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes i sold Off the apex as well because just in my testing before setting the system it crashed on me a few times and didn’t not appear to be reliable. Ghl seems to have a much better track record and it’s a lot more cleaner than a apex with 500 modules steinged together.

PaulPerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool to see other car guys who are also aquarists. My brother is into Jeeps, last I heard he had three, but he's probably had a dozen over the years. Me. I prefer small cars. I am currently driving, modding and racing a Fiat 500 Sport. Ton of Fun...

OP
OP
txreefer

txreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool to see other car guys who are also aquarists. My brother is into Jeeps, last I heard he had three, but he's probably had a dozen over the years. Me. I prefer small cars. I am currently driving, modding and racing a Fiat 500 Sport. Ton of Fun...
I’ve seen those little fiats they look like fun. I’ve never really been in to anything that stays on road always had a off road bug in me until I drove that Lamborghini in my profile pic haha. Fast is fun too. You have any pics of the fiat ?

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice txreefer I was following your last build as well! I am glad you got the new tank coming. As well I am glad to see you are going GHL this time around . I just placed my order for my GHL Profilux P4 , and my pair of XR15PRO’s G4’s for my tank this Black Friday lol ... but no jeep yet I’ll get my jeep one day ;)

PaulPerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen those little fiats they look like fun. I’ve never really been in to anything that stays on road always had a off road bug in me until I drove that Lamborghini in my profile pic haha. Fast is fun too. You have any pics of the fiat ?

I used to own a Yugo back in 1986 and I hung out with a bunch of guys who drove 4 wheel drives. We went "River Running" one time and I was dared to take my Yugo through a shallow portion of the "course". It was about 8 inches deep and about 100 feet of river bed from entry to first exit, then it dropped to about 18-24 inches deep. I bet a guy $100 I could do the first part. I figured if I got stuck, there were a dozen vehicles there capable of winching me out! So, I did it. My girlfriend and I had a nice dinner that night...

This is "SVAGO" (Italian for "Enjoyment") at the track. She's happiest there!
170917%20ASCC%20SVAGO-L.jpg

OP
OP
txreefer

txreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s pretty cool man. I couldn’t drive something that small. Haha. Those are the cars i threaten to run over if they don’t get out of my way hahaha.

Update on the tank it’s at my LFS but I’m in Kansas for work so won’t get to see it until the end of the week. :(

OP
OP
txreefer

txreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well more equipment is in. SKIMZ SM203 skimmer sicce 5.0 return pump. I’m giving Skimz a try honestly never used it before but we will see how it goes so far quality of the equipment looks very good. I’m hopefully picking the tank up tomorrow. Here is a pick for all of you that must have pictures.

F1052FBD-21AB-41D8-8F55-4B55C4A4FCD5.jpeg

dustint21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following! I don’t own a Jeep but a few friend have me work on them from time to time. Yours look good!

How did you like the Bashsea equipment on the old tank? I’m setting up my tank now and I was considering their reactors and skimmer.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back