120 gallon stocking suggestions!

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got a 120 gallon and all necessary supplies for it donated for my Mom’s education center. I’m looking for stocking suggestions for a fowlr tank. I’m definitely going to add a porcupine puffer even if I buy one out of pocket. Any other ideas for large predator fish? Maybe an eel eventually. Thinking of maybe adding a small species of tang.

CrunchyBananas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a 120 gallon and all necessary supplies for it donated for my Mom’s education center. I’m looking for stocking suggestions for a fowlr tank. I’m definitely going to add a porcupine puffer even if I buy one out of pocket. Any other ideas for large predator fish? Maybe an eel eventually. Thinking of maybe adding a small species of tang.
A 120 is too small for most predatory fish. Majestic Angels are nice and tend to stay smaller, dwarf angels as well. A snowflake eel would be a great addition provided extremely tight fitting lids. Perhaps a niger trigger too, all though they can get a bit large as well. I wouldn't add a porcupine though, that tank would be too small for one long term unfortunately. They can get murderous when cramped.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A 120 is too small for most predatory fish. Majestic Angels are nice and tend to stay smaller, dwarf angels as well. A snowflake eel would be a great addition provided extremely tight fitting lids. Perhaps a niger trigger too, all though they can get a bit large as well. I wouldn't add a porcupine though, that tank would be too small for one long term unfortunately. They can get murderous when cramped.
Was considering a small pufferfish too. I know there’s lots of species. I do know people who have them in this size tank. I just find them so darn cute and I know they have great personalities. Look at this little guy I saw at the fish store!!
AF9517CE-3642-465A-84BF-5EC17B619D29.jpeg

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Definitely some smaller ones would be great options, blue spot toby puffers are smaller but have a lot of that puffer personality, attractive fish as well, just missing the big googly eyes
I like the valentini ones too!:)

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While a 120g is small for large predators, consider a Rhinecanthus genus trigger, the picasso being the favorite. They do grow slowly and would be fine for years. Look into the Bristletooth tangs, the tomini and the kole. Other tangs to consider may be a mimic or a lavender. The snowflake eel is always a good eel to start, readily available in small sizes to grow up.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back