120 peninsula build

USMC4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gotten a bat salt batch one time and it almost killed all of the corals. What's the water temp when you do salinity check?

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gotten a bat salt batch one time and it almost killed all of the corals. What's the water temp when you do salinity check?
I check it at 78-80 degrees. I also check my tank salinity regularly and it is always 1.025, I also calibrate my refractometer every time I use it.

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay guys here are all my parameters as of this morning
Salinity 1.025
Temp 78-79
PH 8.15
Alk 7.9
Calc 440
Mag 1340
Nitrate 3
Phosphate 0.025

Just cleaned my skimmer inside and out this morning. Did a 15 gal water change we will see what happens. I got nothing to loose at this point. Corals still not looking any better. Decided to put in an extra mesh bag full of carbon. And raising my alk just a little more up to 8.2dkh. Stopped dosing component 3 altogether. I also placed an order with BRS for some two part. My wife asked me this morning g how the tank was doing. I said sarcastically I don't even care anymore I'm gonna tear it down. Her response no I won't let you. You've put too much time and money into it to tear it down. She rocks!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay guys here are all my parameters as of this morning
Salinity 1.025
Temp 78-79
PH 8.15
Alk 7.9
Calc 440
Mag 1340
Nitrate 3
Phosphate 0.025

Just cleaned my skimmer inside and out this morning. Did a 15 gal water change we will see what happens. I got nothing to loose at this point. Corals still not looking any better. Decided to put in an extra mesh bag full of carbon. And raising my alk just a little more up to 8.2dkh. Stopped dosing component 3 altogether. I also placed an order with BRS for some two part. My wife asked me this morning g how the tank was doing. I said sarcastically I don't even care anymore I'm gonna tear it down. Her response no I won't let you. You've put too much time and money into it to tear it down. She rocks!
Looks good, I am now following,

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been here before, I need to start at the beginning later on and read the entire thread if you start see all kinds of like[emoji6]

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been here before, I need to start at the beginning later on and read the entire thread if you start see all kinds of like[emoji6]

Yes I remember, isn't it you and a buddy that are doing some comparisons with led and t5 lighting?

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much change in the tank. That's not true I guess. I'm officially off the AF train! Well except for the ProBio salt, only because I've got a giant bucket full. I'm not dosing any products right now. I dumped the remaining baling components and am back on BRS two part. Currently I'm determining my daily uptake so I can get the doser back online. I'm contemplating redoing some of my rock work while the corals I have continue to struggle. I'm trying to resist though. I do like my aquascape, I'm curious though if I will like it better if I get rid of the big pillar island and combine it with the other island then make a bunch of small pillars with the remaining rock. What do you all think? Leave it or change it. The pile on the right is one large rock then 4 other medium sized rocks placed on top that I could spread out along the sand bed.
IMG_1043.JPG

IMG_1044.JPG

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would move 1 rock but only because I like caves. Take the middle top rock and suspend it with the 2 on either side of it

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not had any progress in my system with my coral troubles. After switching back to 2 part my alkalinity has been steady as a rock at 8.1 dkh. I'm dosing 8 times a day with my GHL, 6mL at a time. The Heliopora is exhibiting for frequent PE now. I did loose the RR Excalibur Mille, and my Jedi Mind Trick continues to decline as does the seasons greetings monti. My orange monti cap seems to be doing well and is actually growing. My strawberry fields is hanging in there no PE but no tissue loss and is still browned and kind of pale. The red planet has lost a little tissue but looks like it is hanging on by a thread. BC blue sniper and Secale are looking grim but not dead. Had a small diatom bloom which is clearing up. Birthday is coming up think I'm gonna focus on my fish stock for now, then try some more corals out afterwards. #reef2reef, #worldwidecorals, #mywwccontest

Chriscrna

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stinks man!

I noticed a post you made in December in a thread concerning black spots on your acros. I have a PC Rainbow that has slowly been receding over the past couple weeks. Tonight, I noticed black spots on the recessed skeletal parts of the base.

They showed up well after the frag started receding. And similar to yours, they appear to be embedded and do not move.

What became of yours? Were you able to diagnose it?

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stinks man!

I noticed a post you made in December in a thread concerning black spots on your acros. I have a PC Rainbow that has slowly been receding over the past couple weeks. Tonight, I noticed black spots on the recessed skeletal parts of the base.

They showed up well after the frag started receding. And similar to yours, they appear to be embedded and do not move.

No, I was not able to come up with a DX. I had bigger issues going on with water chem, and nutrient imbalances when I went to the AquaForest program. I did come up with a possible dx I will try and find a link today and get back to you.

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stinks man!

Looks like you were already in the thread I was referring too. I feel like I found more info somewhere on the web, stay tuned.

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parameters yesterday
PH 8.2
Salinity 1.025
Temp 78-79
Alk 8.2
Calc 420
Mag 1460
Nitrate 2ppm
Phosphate 0.03ppm

So as my corals seem to be not getting better or worse I decided to do a rework of the aquascape. I wanted to spread the scape out and lower the high points. I was able to create a bunch of caves little outcroppings and some cool channels. I'm really glad I did this as it looks more natural and provides more hiding places for fish and more surface area for Corals to grow.

IMG_1050.JPG

IMG_1051.JPG

IMG_1052.JPG

IMG_1053.JPG

IMG_1054.JPG

IMG_1055.JPG

IMG_1056.JPG

IMG_1057.JPG

IMG_1058.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

IMG_1060.JPG

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice big chunks of rock for the scape.

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice big chunks of rock for the scape.

Yeah it's amazing that I got all those pieces to fit together into two islands the first time around. I swore when starting this tank that I would not change the aquascape. This is the first and only exception. I will not move the rocks again.

Back