1200 Gallon Lagoon Build Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We hope everyone had a nice 4th of July! Here are some more coral updates:

WWC_1657.JPG

WWC_1653.JPG

WWC_1650.JPG
Absolutely beautiful!

When can I get a head of that torch!

U

User1

View Badges
We hope everyone had a nice 4th of July! Here are some more coral updates:

WWC_1657.JPG

WWC_1653.JPG

WWC_1650.JPG

Nice photo and update. I have to say that I was looking at your portal the last few days here trying to find a frogspawn. All out :D Good for you, business wise, bad for me :( I ran a search and you had a bunch of previous colonies that sold and I was surprised at the price. Presently surprised in a good way because I said to myself, self, that isn't as bad as I thought :D

Really nice job. Not your intent but it is having me look at my current tank and future plans for easier maintenance as I get older :D One idea has been a lagoon shallow type build. I like how you have it laid out and adding a few mangroves would be neat.

What I'm trying to say, and not well, is that the display you set up is inspiring and gives food for thought.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice photo and update. I have to say that I was looking at your portal the last few days here trying to find a frogspawn. All out :D Good for you, business wise, bad for me :( I ran a search and you had a bunch of previous colonies that sold and I was surprised at the price. Presently surprised in a good way because I said to myself, self, that isn't as bad as I thought :D

Really nice job. Not your intent but it is having me look at my current tank and future plans for easier maintenance as I get older :D One idea has been a lagoon shallow type build. I like how you have it laid out and adding a few mangroves would be neat.

What I'm trying to say, and not well, is that the display you set up is inspiring and gives food for thought.

Thanks, we appreciate that. The shallow height (except for ours) makes them easier to clean, add corals, etc. If you are still looking for a frogspawn, please send us a PM and we will find some on the farm for you.

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Killing it.....
I always love to see this tank.
Seriously.
I was never super wowed with the idea of an LPS dominant tank until I saw this one in person.
Truly a breath taking aquarium.
I know that phrase gets used alot in this hobby, but it is truly deserved in this case.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Killing it.....
I always love to see this tank.
Seriously.
I was never super wowed with the idea of an LPS dominant tank until I saw this one in person.
Truly a breath taking aquarium.
I know that phrase gets used alot in this hobby, but it is truly deserved in this case.

It really has started to come together nicely. It hit a sweet spot and the corals are taking off. If you like SPS, the 1500 gallon in the back of the store is filling out as well. Thank you for that comment!

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet, thanks, I need to try again. :)

We add more “white light” over the mangrove to help with growth as well as adding a lot of nutrients to the tank...aka feeding a lot. Let us know if you have any questions. Also thank you for following the thread!

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We add more “white light” over the mangrove to help with growth as well as adding a lot of nutrients to the tank...aka feeding a lot. Let us know if you have any questions. Also thank you for following the thread!

Thanks, luckily for you I am in England (little islands off Europe) or I would be in every day to go snorkeling?! ;)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back