125 gallon fowlr tank stocking help

Lromine1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turning my 125 into saltwater gonna drill and possibly making a dual 125 stand and have a 125 as a sump as well. My questions are the fish I picked will they work together? Which ones to add first? Anymore I can add or leave / remove? I'm going to to do a bare bottom or very thin layer of sand. Here is my list.
ROYAL ANGEL
CORAL BEAUTY ANGEL
FLAME ANGEL
LAWNMOWER BLENNY
HAWAIIAN SPOTTED PUFFER
LONGNOSE BUTTERFLY
OCELLARIS
HIPPO TANG
YELLOW TANGS
Thanks in advance hope to hear from someone soon!

Aardvark1134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only see 1 issue. The tank is big enoug for any of them but... keep this in mind.
Regal angels hate stress and aggressive fish. In that size you could get some agression twoard it from the flame and from the tangs and even from the clowns near their house. You have to make sure your regal has a safe space or it prob won't make it. Definately put the regal in before the tangs and flame.

OP
OP
Lromine1997

Lromine1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only see 1 issue. The tank is big enoug for any of them but... keep this in mind.
Regal angels hate stress and aggressive fish. In that size you could get some agression twoard it from the flame and from the tangs and even from the clowns near their house. You have to make sure your regal has a safe space or it prob won't make it. Definately put the regal in before the tangs and flame.
What about an emperor instead of a regal?

OP
OP
Lromine1997

Lromine1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Emperor angels get like 15 inches long....don't put one of those in a 125
[/QUOTE Ok well what would you recommend? I want them to get along but I also want a lot of color. Could i get away with adding more little fish to the list or leave as is? I want a decent clean up crew also but not sure what I want.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's a good list. I would skip the hippo tang, for size reasons. You mentioned yellow tangs. I would just get one.

OP
OP
Lromine1997

Lromine1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've decided to take the regal out of the list. I do like the purple mask angel so I think I will go with that. As for the hippo I plan on upgrading when he gets too big. I'm looking for a bigger tank rather than a 125 but if I can't find one that's what I will get for now. If I get one yellow tang would adding a powder blue tang be a bad idea?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back