125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are vetran owned and run so I am all in with them fo sure.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Youre The Best Daniel Craig GIF by PBS SoCal

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I purchased a 3 gang old work outlet box. Later my wife randomly asks "So if we buy a 3D printer is it actually going to be beneficial? Or is it just that one piece you're going to print and then it's useless?" I'm holding a 3D printed box in my hand that we just paid $12 for that might have cost $1 to print...

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And..... did she say yes?

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It may seem a far-fetched to predict that thousands of entrepreneurs across America will install professional-grade rapid prototyping machines in their garages and begin manufacturing custom-made products. But if the costs of rapid prototyping technology continue to decline, it’s hard to see why future generations will have to go to the store to buy anything made of solid plastic or metal. Why buy cutlery and plastic cups if you could just download the design and make it yourself? Plastic water bottles, shower curtains, simple toys, Tupperware, and all types of kitsch. The list goes on.

I didn't read the article, just skimmed to the bottom.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It may seem a far-fetched to predict that thousands of entrepreneurs across America will install professional-grade rapid prototyping machines in their garages and begin manufacturing custom-made products. But if the costs of rapid prototyping technology continue to decline, it’s hard to see why future generations will have to go to the store to buy anything made of solid plastic or metal. Why buy cutlery and plastic cups if you could just download the design and make it yourself? Plastic water bottles, shower curtains, simple toys, Tupperware, and all types of kitsch. The list goes on.

I didn't read the article, just skimmed to the bottom.
I'm sending this to my wife!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That was a pretty decent read. It makes sense to a point - we rely on Chinese made 3D printers and filament to bring home manufacturing to America. Our GDP wouldn't necessarily go up since so many businesses would be downsizing due to everyone making instead of buying. China wouldn't be exporting so many final products to the US but the raw materials would increase - they may not make as much off of us as they do now but they'd still be making money from us. What I do agree with is the potential for each of us and our children to become makers instead of depending on everyone else to make for us. We would potentially become more useful members of society while at the same time increasing our desire for "Microwave results". I need it and want it now, so why don't I just print it. No need to leave the house if I can make it to use and make it to sell online.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So my wife might be slightly irritated at me with the $60 shipping charges for the two torches coming tomorrow... I'm not going to push the Ender 3 too hard today. Maybe I'll push again Friday? Too soon? Too long? I don't know. I'm hoping she reads that article and it peaks her interest enough that she starts asking more questions and gets a little more excited.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a Dinkins Snacklepack coming in the mail! It left Texas on an airplane 2 hours ago. Pods for the tank!!!

I ordered 2 bottles of Dinkins Snackelpack and 2 bottles of the live phyto.

I got home the day it was delivered and opened up the box and saw this note:

20220926_122135.jpg

This had me scratching my head because in the box was 2 bottles of each, exactly as I had ordered.

I added the pods to the tank and went to bed. Woke up to the doorbell around 6 and low and behold, another box from Dinkins that had the "Half order"!!

Funny how the make up box got here faster than the original order did.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was placing some of the DIY rock today and glanced over at the overflow and saw this....
IMG_20220926_122525628.jpg

He either ate some kryptonite or NOS. Either way, should I be concerned he might blow up???? Glow in the dark snails are never a good thing.

All jokes aside, I think I have some coralline starting in my tank.

Also, I went with the dinosaur egg today and moved the moon rock to make a corner cave.
IMG_20220926_122405753.jpg

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

20220926_122135.jpg

This had me scratching my head because in the box was 2 bottles of each, exactly as I had ordered.

I added the pods to the tank and went to bed. Woke up to the doorbell around 6 and low and behold, another box from Dinkins that had the "Half order"!!

Dinkins is great! I think it's funny because the phyto smells like burnt broccoli just like he said.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was placing some of the DIY rock today and glanced over at the overflow and saw this....

He either ate some kryptonite or NOS. Either way, should I be concerned he might blow up???? Glow in the dark snails are never a good thing.

Also, I went with the dinosaur egg today and moved the moon rock to make a corner cave.
Hahaha!!!!! One of my trochus has the same thing. It’s on the one that like to hover at the top of the tank and his shell stays out of water for a period of time. Congrats on coraline starting to grow!!!

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20220926_122135.jpg

They are top notch.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just spotted some coralline in mine too!!!on the front glass.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my wife might be slightly irritated at me with the $60 shipping charges for the two torches coming tomorrow... I'm not going to push the Ender 3 too hard today. Maybe I'll push again Friday? Too soon? Too long? I don't know. I'm hoping she reads that article and it peaks her interest enough that she starts asking more questions and gets a little more excited.
So I must have missed a notification. Loyola is about 20 minutes from me. But you are right from the other forum, I now have one. Maybe they can teach me to design though.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I haven't been pushy at all with the 3D printer - after all, I've now heard $60 6 times since I bought the shipping for the torches yesterday... Today it was "We could have bought a new ice maker for the same price, just to put it in perspective." :flushed-face: I'm really hoping they come in absolutely gorgeous and she feels better about them.

I guess I could have said something about 3D printing a new Ice Maker? I showed her a lot of projects yesterday and she was really interested in several of them so maybe... There was a snag though in the scholarship funds that put a delay on them for now. It may just end up being us buying the printer out of pocket so we'll see.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back