125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

Wow I missed a lot! In-laws in town for a bit so I was getting stuff ready. I was just thinking… a lot of libraries have 3$ printers available for public use. You may be able to just print at a library.
ill totally print your hangers. Hehe you can start a thingiverse.com account and post the hangers as free download!
True, there could be other people that need something similar!
 
Second DIY rock installed! (Technically the 3rd, I glued that small zoa chunk to a piece of rubble I made) Next time - yes @billyocean I'm already planning more - I'm going to add some holes for frags. I planned on drilling these but cured concrete is not fun to drill.
IMG_20220923_135056921.jpg
 
Second DIY rock installed! (Technically the 3rd, I glued that small zoa chunk to a piece of rubble I made) Next time - yes @billyocean I'm already planning more - I'm going to add some holes for frags. I planned on drilling these but cured concrete is not fun to drill.
IMG_20220923_135056921.jpg
Hammer drill! Lol
 
Ok, so the day after I put the first rock in I had a nasty bacterial bloom or Chrysophytes. It lasted until Wednesday. At the same time all my dying macro algae seemed to melt. I fed a mix of Reef Roids, Reef Candy, and Benepets trying to get a little detectable phosphates and bring my nitrates up some. I'm guessing the lack of nutrients caused the macro death and the macro death and possible loss of a snail or two caused the bacteria bloom. We'll see though! Now that I added a second rock of the junk comes back... None of my coral suffered and my fish all look happy and healthy and the junk is gone for now.
 
Wow I missed a lot! In-laws in town for a bit so I was getting stuff ready. I was just thinking… a lot of libraries have 3$ printers available for public use. You may be able to just print at a library.
ill totally print your hangers. Hehe you can start a thingiverse.com account and post the hangers as free download!
I just checked the library down the street and sure enough that have one and it costs 1.00 per hour of run time. Objects can be up to 6x6x6 or max 8 hrs. They use PLA Filament. Is that OK to make some of those twisty frag holders or some urchin hats?
 
I just checked the library down the street and sure enough that have one and it costs 1.00 per hour of run time. Objects can be up to 6x6x6 or max 8 hrs. They use PLA Filament. Is that OK to make some of those twisty frag holders or some urchin hats?
Mine charges $0.10 per gram.
 
Wow I missed a lot! In-laws in town for a bit so I was getting stuff ready. I was just thinking… a lot of libraries have 3$ printers available for public use. You may be able to just print at a library.
ill totally print your hangers. Hehe you can start a thingiverse.com account and post the hangers as free download!
I uploaded the hanger (single and double) and a pump to hose fitting to Thingverse. This is fun! Now to get a 3D printer...
 
Looking at my tank today and the sand seems to be clearing up. No nasty snot strings of bacteria or Chrysophytes either. It was probably a snail death which bumped the ammonia which exploded bacteria which raised my nitrates and feeding the Reef Roids raised my phosphates which eliminated the algae.

My in-laws are coming over to work on the bathroom some more. Maybe after we finish working my wife and I will run down to the new LFS and pick up a Watchman for $20.
 
If there's no nasty algae junk by tomorrow evening still I'll add another piece of rock, then one more probably Tuesday evening if we're still looking good. On Thursday I'll add the last 3 pieces and start making another batch I think - this time with holes for frag plugs in the shelf pieces.
 
Here's the little chunk of Zoas I picked up from Petco the other day for $2. Looks like it has two varieties on it.
 
Well if you would have been paying attention when he tagged you @Gtinnel ....He did tag you right? Hahahaha
 
I won two of these from Nicer Reefs. They have this new thing called Reef of Fortune and I won. It's on Instagram and they're hoping to do more of them.
4267BCEE-A5D7-4F23-8907-F49BD8C41340.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new