125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Galaxea is also very sharp. I gave up trying to scrape the glass in this corner :face-with-tears-of-joy:
image.jpg

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corners have become an "oh well" situation for myself. Even though my pectinia lives there
corners, ends (but that is changing) and anything below about 3 inches off the sandbed. I got me a schmancy new scraper though that doesn't scratch the acrylic; so look out there may be clean tank pics coming. I need to find a place for my pectinia to live so I can see them and they are happy.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I almost bought a Copperband today. I stopped by the LFS with the great prices. They had 5 in stock for $69 each. All looked healthy. They were received on the 24th so almost a week.

Question: I'm only down there until Thursday evening - how long does it take to see if a CBB is turning skinny or sickly? Is a week long enough or does it usually take a little longer?

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I almost bought a Copperband today. I stopped by the LFS with the great prices. They had 5 in stock for $69 each. All looked healthy. They were received on the 24th so almost a week.

Question: I'm only down there until Thursday evening - how long does it take to see if a CBB is turning skinny or sickly? Is a week long enough or does it usually take a little longer?
Could be a week or could be a month.

Ask them to feed them so you can see if they are eating.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They usually will feed in front of me but they had just fed like 10 minutes before I got there (still some food in some of the tanks). Last time I asked after they just fed, nothing ate because they were all fat. I ended up picking the fattest Foxface in the tank that time and it's still doing good.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They usually will feed in front of me but they had just fed like 10 minutes before I got there (still some food in some of the tanks). Last time I asked after they just fed, nothing ate because they were all fat. I ended up picking the fattest Foxface in the tank that time and it's still doing good.
Cbb will always nip at food if eating. They are slow and non stop hunting. Mine, even at night cruises the rocks for late night snacks. Anyhow.

If you can get a good look at them. These are skinny fish and flesh should be even with eyes. They will show sunken bellies if starved and i dont know if they can recover from that. Id skip any of them looking like an anorexic super model.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cbb will always nip at food if eating. They are slow and non stop hunting. Mine, even at night cruises the rocks for late night snacks. Anyhow.

If you can get a good look at them. These are skinny fish and flesh should be even with eyes. They will show sunken bellies if starved and i dont know if they can recover from that. Id skip any of them looking like an anorexic super model.
I'll try to swing by Thursday and take a closer look.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll try to swing by Thursday and take a closer look.
You can google skinny copperband. Sadly, lots of pics pop up. But, it'll help you. Those ones are pretty much refusing foods and may be suffering other issues.
As stated above. If eating, grab it!

Look for large red blotches on the sides. Thats internal bleeding. Learned that from paulb.
Skinny...
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1401020144.168485.jpg

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That Copperband is very skinny and I doubt it will last a couple of weeks.
That's what she was saying. The one's I was looking at looked healthier. I'm going to probably swing by this afternoon and try to take a closer look.

shrimpnreefdude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @tbrown ! I thought I was following your build. You mentioned a new tank in your response to mine...is this the right build thread for it? If not, I'll have to go check that one out too. Cheers!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey @tbrown ! I thought I was following your build. You mentioned a new tank in your response to mine...is this the right build thread for it? If not, I'll have to go check that one out too. Cheers!
The ESHOPPS. I'm in the process of bringing it online.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 170 72.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.1%
Back