125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
And then there were 6....
IMG_20240207_174349014.jpg

@JoJosReef suggested selling a Nem split to buy a Copperband. Nem must have heard because it split again last night after that comment... Also, two of the others are probably splitting soon as well, they're getting up around 3" and they usually split at 2"-2.5".

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Also also, the two above the baby moved behind the rock... I'm expecting to go from 6 to 7 or 8... Usually they hide for a day, then the next day there's two where one once stood.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, hopefully I didn't nuke the tank.

Sponges and air don't mix, right? Well my ATO reservoir got low and my sump got low and my return pump sucked in a bunch of air. One of my return nozzles was aimed at a spot that had a large amount of sponge growing. There is no sponge growing in that spot any longer... Hopefully it didn't release a bunch of toxins.

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, hopefully I didn't nuke the tank.

Sponges and air don't mix, right? Well my ATO reservoir got low and my sump got low and my return pump sucked in a bunch of air. One of my return nozzles was aimed at a spot that had a large amount of sponge growing. There is no sponge growing in that spot any longer... Hopefully it didn't release a bunch of toxins.
Sorry this happened. As a precaution, I would run some carbon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sorry this happened. As a precaution, I would run some carbon.
I'm happy it happened just nervous about what it could do. Carbon was my first thought and I have been running it for about 3 weeks now because of the issues I was having with my Acros. I'll probably swap that this morning though, just to have some fresh in there.

Thanks!

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The baby is more purple than green. I wonder how the colors will develop as it grows.
IMG_20240210_101253583.jpg
Ya know , it sounds like you’ve got quite a few nems now from the splits splitting . So instead of a “barrel of monkeys” you’d be calling it “bucket o’ nems” and selling as a kids toy…..

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ya know , it sounds like you’ve got quite a few nems now from the splits splitting . So instead of a “barrel of monkeys” you’d be calling it “bucket o’ nems” and selling as a kids toy…..
Dude! That's brilliant!

@stoney7713 @Projects with Sam new print idea? I know Stoney 's daughter would love it!

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
C'mon Stoney. Kids not listening? "Kids, we're going to be pulling out Tim's Bucket O' Nems if you don't start behaving!"
Uncle Tim's Bucket O' Nems: now with 33% more sting!

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back