125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

I made it home from the woods! We filled one javelina tag and one deer tag. Unfortunately neither were my daughter. I'm heading back Friday and Saturday. We're going to do our best to seal the deal! She was such a trooper. I ran her (more of a super brisk power walk) for a mile today. We got ahead of the herd we were chasing and they were coming to us. She knelt down and got ready and one of the does winded us. She must have hiked/walked/ran at least 20 miles between last Friday and today.
Trooper for sure.
 
Well, no pictures but I got home and checked the tank... One of the torches has receding flesh and one head is starting to peel. :confounded-face:

I'm going to have to run some tests in the morning and see what's going on... Everything else looks decent.
 
Alright! The library emailed me. The hangers are done. For some reason the slicer they use didn't add supports for the hooks. He manually added supports, reprinted, and said I get both sets for the low price of $3.80! I'll be picking those up today and reinstalling the internal fuge.
 
awesome! not only do you you get the utility of the item, but you also get a cool pride in making a weird part that would've been hard to make any other way!
 
Well... Hopefully I'm wrong but I may be out $60. The second torch seems to have some tissue recession. I'm hoping feeding will help but I'm fairly sure the first one will lose at least 1 head.
:crying-face:

Oh well, off to the library, pool store, and trailer shop. Gotta pick up my hangers, fix the pool, and replace the awning handle on the camper. Busy day today.
 
Fuge reinstalled.
IMG_20221015_093240505.jpg
IMG_20221015_093234389.jpg
 
We'll, it's official - fall is here. Care Rio just messaged me that new Pumpkin Spice Horchata is available now.
 
We'll, it's official - fall is here. Care Rio just messaged me that new Pumpkin Spice Horchata is available now.
omg so want a Horchata right now...
 
omg so want a Horchata right now...
I love a good Horchata. If you have a Cafe Rio nearby they have a Salted Caramel seasonal Horchata that is amazing! Maybe a little powerful on the caramel but still really really good!
 
Big girl is off to a new home. 5 gallon will be coming down soon. Just in time too, work opens back up Wednesday so my tank has a desk to go on!
IMG_20221018_130251666.jpg
 
Bummer about the torches bro.. I am sure the wife is having a field day with that one....
The pretty one is still doing good.
 
I keep finding little pieces of rubble strewn about the tank and can never figure out where they're coming from. Well, I just watched my Lawnmower Blenny swim out from behind the rockscape with a chunk of coral skeleton in it's mouth like a dog. It came up close to the glass and dropped it for me like it wanted to play fetch. What a weirdo.
 
5 gallon tear down complete
IMG_20221018_160645061.jpg

Added a couple of small pieces of live rock and several pieces with corals on them.
Milka Stylo and GSP rock
IMG_20221018_160032334.jpg
IMG_20221018_160046803.jpg

Neon Green Pavona and Arctic Ice Palys
IMG_20221018_160134352.jpg

Couple accidental frags of Milka Stylo
IMG_20221018_160213828.jpg
IMG_20221018_160109225.jpg

Couple frags of Neon Green Pavona (1 is behind the Milka above)
IMG_20221018_160059273.jpg

Eagle Eye Zoas (Hector's Goby thought it needed some sand...)
IMG_20221018_161415575.jpg

Chunk of Red Digitata (it wasn't looking good before I moved it so we'll see)
IMG_20221018_160245686.jpg
 
Alk 9.6
Mag 1080
Cal 440
pH 8.03
Salinity 1.025 sg

NO3 23.6
Phos <0.03 (can see a hint of blue but not 0.03 levels ...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new