125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

My tuxedo wears a cape made out of Ulva. It's easy to trim and does minor nutrient export. I try to trim it out of the display unless it's attached to the sidekick snails or the urchin.
Mine wears hair algae. sometimes dragons' breath, but mostly hair algae.
 
Temporary housing for the Gonis until I make an Aragocrete one. I need to just do that. Maybe tomorrow afternoon/evening I'll have a chance.
IMG_20221130_110232584.jpg

I'll need 12 frag spots for current Gonis and probably make it 15 for future purchases. I also need one for the Blastos - 6 current plus maybe 3 for future? Make it an even 10. I have room for 2 more Alveopora already so I don't think I need any more there. Maybe I'll make a Micro garden with 6 or 7 spots? Currently I have one soaking with 3 spots but I don't remember what I made it for. :thinking-face: Solution for the 3 new shrooms maybe...
 
Ok,so I wanted this one but it was sold out.

Screenshot_20221130-112035.png

I bought this one.
Screenshot_20221120-181225.png

This is what came home with me...
IMG_20221130_111733578.jpg

I think I got the one I wanted instead of what I paid for... It was actually more than the one I bought so I'm not complaining.
 
I'm
Temporary housing for the Gonis until I make an Aragocrete one. I need to just do that. Maybe tomorrow afternoon/evening I'll have a chance.
IMG_20221130_110232584.jpg

I'll need 12 frag spots for current Gonis and probably make it 15 for future purchases. I also need one for the Blastos - 6 current plus maybe 3 for future? Make it an even 10. I have room for 2 more Alveopora already so I don't think I need any more there. Maybe I'll make a Micro garden with 6 or 7 spots? Currently I have one soaking with 3 spots but I don't remember what I made it for. :thinking-face: Solution for the 3 new shrooms maybe...
ooo... bent looks much nicer the glued...
 
Temporary housing for the Gonis until I make an Aragocrete one. I need to just do that. Maybe tomorrow afternoon/evening I'll have a chance.
IMG_20221130_110232584.jpg

I'll need 12 frag spots for current Gonis and probably make it 15 for future purchases. I also need one for the Blastos - 6 current plus maybe 3 for future? Make it an even 10. I have room for 2 more Alveopora already so I don't think I need any more there. Maybe I'll make a Micro garden with 6 or 7 spots? Currently I have one soaking with 3 spots but I don't remember what I made it for. :thinking-face: Solution for the 3 new shrooms maybe...
Did you use heat to bend standard light diffuser?

I'm gonna need an overview if so. That looks great.
 
Did you use heat to bend standard light diffuser?

I'm gonna need an overview if so. That looks great.
Yes. I have a heat gun from Harbor Freight. I turn it on high and just pass it back and forth on the row I want to bend (front and back). When it starts getting shiny, gently start to bend it. If it resists too much, heat it up a little more. The only downside is that if you heat it too much it warps and looks a little uglier. I heat the front, then the back, then the front again.
 
My next Aragocrete project is going to be incorporating light diffuser as legs for a more natural looking frag racks. Haven't decided if I want to coat the diffuser rack or just a small portion on each end as legs...
 
Cal - 440
Mag - 1260
With BattleBox coming tomorrow and my current parameters pretty well matching his tanks I'm going to leave it here. I'll check again this weekend to see what my "4 day demand" is now that my magnesium is up in usable levels. I think I'll slowly bring it up to that 1350-1400 after the SBB and LRO corals get here.
 
Hard to see but I think my Mojave Desert may have left a baby...
IMG_20221130_153318997~2.jpg
 
I wonder if Adam will be using the frag protection plugs. Let me know if they come in anything.
Sent him 150 transparent blue and 150 transparent yellow frag protection plugs he had designed.
 
I wonder if Adam will be using the frag protection plugs. Let me know if they come in anything.
Sent him 150 transparent blue and 150 transparent yellow frag protection plugs he had designed.
Did I show you what NicerReefs is using?
IMG_20221130_202615973.jpg
IMG_20221130_202557447.jpg
 
very cool. those aren't too shabby. Adam had a really talented guy design his; optimized for strength off the printer; and easy to print to boot. 2 types; one has legs the other doesn't.
 
So I just counted... 25 corals plus whatever BattleCorals sends (he said 4, I only paid for 2).
 
Ugly pictures....
RR Pink Cadillac
IMG_20221201_165127628.jpg

ROAB Digi
IMG_20221201_162558059.jpg

Acroberry
IMG_20221201_165137553.jpg

Raindrops on Roses
IMG_20221201_165116639.jpg
 
And in other news, my wife called me a few minutes ago just to remind me I'm done buying corals...
 
The Raindrops on Roses is very nice. Yellow into green into blue into Purple/Pink. I can't get my camera to really get the colors. I need to use our real camera I think but I don't have an orange lens.
 
This is Awesome!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new