125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

Sorry, no pictures.
Marty Mcfly Jennifer GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy
 
QT is still asleep but everything survived the night and not new STN/RTN. One of the Acroberry frags was looking a little rough before the dip but it looks better this morning with the lights off.
 
Just in case someone in my wife's class has a favorite color of "clear".
IMG_20240114_172346264.jpg
 
You can't really tell but it's kind of a "frosted glass" look.
IMG_20240114_175804237.jpg

It's not as white as it looks in the picture.
 
They're one of the sponsors on Reef2Reef. Lots of us use them.
That's cool. I looked at their website and saw that they are pretty affordable too. Maybe I have a new lighting plan. :cool:
 
That's cool. I looked at their website and saw that they are pretty affordable too. Maybe I have a new lighting plan. :cool:
Talk to @Zach B . He's the US representative I believe.
 
Nobody tell @JoJosReef but I messed with the level on the printer a little bit yesterday during the last print for the transparent filament. I switched to a different roll this morning (my wife needs 9 different colors) and the white printed almost flawlessly! Yay!!!
 
Nobody tell @JoJosReef but I messed with the level on the printer a little bit yesterday during the last print for the transparent filament. I switched to a different roll this morning (my wife needs 9 different colors) and the white printed almost flawlessly! Yay!!!
Jog my memory, what are we making?
 
Jog my memory, what are we making?
Heddles, battens, gear winches, and pawls for tape weaving looms.
Batten:
IMG_20240114_175804237.jpg
Heddle:
IMG_20240109_221200524.jpg

Gear winches and Pawls:
IMG_20240111_095614391.jpg
 
Trying a new filament tonight, Hatchbox PETG, it looks great and the finish looks great, but I'm having a lot of stringing issues. Dried for 12 hours and 12%, recommends 230-260 nozzle temp and I dropped mine to 220, still stringy. My cooling fan is at 30%, I might try lowering it more to see if that helps. It's not horrible but definitely going to require more post cleanup.

Different brands different "Oh what do I do now!" :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 
Trying a new filament tonight, Hatchbox PETG, it looks great and the finish looks great, but I'm having a lot of stringing issues. Dried for 12 hours and 12%, recommends 230-260 nozzle temp and I dropped mine to 220, still stringy. My cooling fan is at 30%, I might try lowering it more to see if that helps. It's not horrible but definitely going to require more post cleanup.

Different brands different "Oh what do I do now!" :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
I saw a video where some guy took a heat gun and did a quick "blast" of the printed object and those little strings disappeared quick! I was thinking of trying it out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new