125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh yeah, and Becca was talking about kidnapping me on the way to Vegas to exploit my winningness before dropping me off at Frank's for some manual labor Prison Camp log chopping and gravel raking.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ocean Floor tried to sell a Foxface for $189. They had it for $69 in the ad but apparently they said that was wrong and wouldn't honor it. I went to Aquarium Arts and got my Fiji Foxface for $59. Got a Powder Brown for $39 from them as well. Kona out on the west side consistently has Aiptasia but their freshwater selection was always decent.
$189, that's nuts. Aquarium Arts had about a half dozen really nice Blue-Eye Kole Tangs, I think they were $59. They always had a good selection of fish and now the fish look healthy and well cared for. Kona Chandler also has some Aiptasia in the frag tanks but not much.

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, and Becca was talking about kidnapping me on the way to Vegas to exploit my winningness before dropping me off at Frank's for some manual labor Prison Camp log chopping and gravel raking.
Well now that you have revealed my tru master plan I’ll have to sort out a new one. Good job Marco.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
All the LFSs, except the small one in CG, are at least 45 minutes away. Takes about 1.5 hours to get to AZ Reef Monster.
Haven't been there yet. I might have to make a trip.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
season 1 friends GIF
No Idea Idk GIF by Doctor Who
Dancing Alien Area 51 GIF by Pastelae
Good Bye GIF by Tim Robinson
;) :)

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't been there yet. I might have to make a trip.
They're my favorite shop at the moment. They don't have livestock shipped in. About half the coral are frags or small colonies from their own tanks and they make a trip or two a month to California for fish and other coral. Everything I have bought there has been healthy. Their tanks are clean but I did get a small Aiptasia on a Trumpet once. The store is kind of on the small side and only open Thursday through Sunday (husband and wife, and occasionally dog team).

With their hours, going there can be a bit of a hassle but I make the trip about once a month to see what they have. Unless you're in the general area (e.g. - Mesa/Tempe LFSs) I'd call first to see how they were stocked on fish. When they come back from CA the fish tanks are bursting with healthy fish. By the time they're ready to go back to CA for more, there isn't much fish selection. They don't carry much in the way of designer acros or shrooms or zoas. Their dry goods are priced a little on the high side, their brought-in corals are average to slightly below average pricing and their personal stock goes from average to very well priced.

BTW Just Fins is really called Only Fins. My wife thought that Just Fins sounded better and its stuck in my head.

The only time I've gone to a Petco is to pick up some dog food, either South Chandler or one in Mesa. I know the one in South Chandler has a fish section but I always blew it off. From what I see in the photos of your tank, I'll have to start checking out the Petcos when I see them.

I went to Aquarium Arts a few weeks ago because I was thinking about picking up a Tunze 6040 or 6055. They are no longer a Tunze or Geismann dealer. Bummer. Red Sea everywhere. But the tanks looked clean and the fish looked healthy, quite a change from 20 odd years ago.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They're my favorite shop at the moment. They don't have livestock shipped in. About half the coral are frags or small colonies from their own tanks and they make a trip or two a month to California for fish and other coral. Everything I have bought there has been healthy. Their tanks are clean but I did get a small Aiptasia on a Trumpet once. The store is kind of on the small side and only open Thursday through Sunday (husband and wife, and occasionally dog team).

With their hours, going there can be a bit of a hassle but I make the trip about once a month to see what they have. Unless you're in the general area (e.g. - Mesa/Tempe LFSs) I'd call first to see how they were stocked on fish. When they come back from CA the fish tanks are bursting with healthy fish. By the time they're ready to go back to CA for more, there isn't much fish selection. They don't carry much in the way of designer acros or shrooms or zoas. Their dry goods are priced a little on the high side, their brought-in corals are average to slightly below average pricing and their personal stock goes from average to very well priced.

BTW Just Fins is really called Only Fins. My wife thought that Just Fins sounded better and its stuck in my head.

The only time I've gone to a Petco is to pick up some dog food, either South Chandler or one in Mesa. I know the one in South Chandler has a fish section but I always blew it off. From what I see in the photos of your tank, I'll have to start checking out the Petcos when I see them.

I went to Aquarium Arts a few weeks ago because I was thinking about picking up a Tunze 6040 or 6055. They are no longer a Tunze or Geismann dealer. Bummer. Red Sea everywhere. But the tanks looked clean and the fish looked healthy, quite a change from 20 odd years ago.
I think I was looking at Only Fins online for their Betta stuff a few weeks back. I forget who shared it, maybe Sunset Reefing...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back