125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
And yep, Aiptasia... But look at the star! I don't know that I've ever seen an almost perfect Asterina Star!

IMG_20240428_172832542.jpg

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So apparently Aiptasia can eat Berghia. I read that AFTER I dropped one of them right onto the crown of an Aiptasia. I figured I was done for after that, but looking in the tank today it appears the other two have been busy! The Zoa rock is almost bare of Aiptasia, all of the large Aiptasia in my Refugium are gone, and several throughout the tank are in various stages of being munched upon... 2 Berghia (unless the 3rd ate his way out of the Aiptasia that I watched eat him...) in a 125 LOADED with Aiptasia and, after a week probably close to half of the Aiptasia is gone.

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So apparently Aiptasia can eat Berghia. I read that AFTER I dropped one of them right onto the crown of an Aiptasia. I figured I was done for after that, but looking in the tank today it appears the other two have been busy! The Zoa rock is almost bare of Aiptasia, all of the large Aiptasia in my Refugium are gone, and several throughout the tank are in various stages of being munched upon... 2 Berghia (unless the 3rd ate his way out of the Aiptasia that I watched eat him...) in a 125 LOADED with Aiptasia and, after a week probably close to half of the Aiptasia is gone.
That's great to hear. Hope the third one made it.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And apparently wolffish (that buck tooth weirdo I posted) taste good?

Not sure if I caught one of those I would keep it long enough to find out if it tasted better then it looked…..would be a catch and WT frelease

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, Once I have the big tank ready for the fish - I'm loading up the cube with berghia to munch through the aiptasia I've accumulated. Hopefully I can prevent this from happening to that tank. Wish I could start now but the wrasse and mb will chow down on them before they can knock it out. Can't even peppermint with the betta

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice, Once I have the big tank ready for the fish - I'm loading up the cube with berghia to munch through the aiptasia I've accumulated. Hopefully I can prevent this from happening to that tank. Wish I could start now but the wrasse and mb will chow down on them before they can knock it out. Can't even peppermint with the betta
I've got a Peppermint in the 70 for now. I don't anticipate it lasting long once the Halichoeres Wrasses get moved over. The Berghia were free otherwise I wouldn't have tried them because Melanurus happens... So far it looks like at least two are alive and eating still.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The SHU is great! Super strong magnet. I can put about 5 or so medium-sized (porous) rocks in the SHU along with the fish to make it a bit cozier.
I really like mine as well. Only difficulty is,opening top to feed; the latches are so tight. That’s actually a good thing, but just hard on my neuropathy fingers. And I am also able to put some nice rubble in to make lil caves.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.1%
Back