125g tang combo

  • Thread starter Thread starter RWhitt907
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RWhitt907

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2023
Messages
405
Reaction score
190
Location
Alaska
What state or country do you live in
Alaska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to have a Hippo Tang and a Yellow Tang in the same 6' 125g tank?

Here is my stock list
2 Oscellaris Clowns
- YWG w/ pistol shrimp
- Diamond Goby
- Midas Blenny
- Lawnmower Blenny
- Bangaii Cardinal
- Pintail Fairy Wrasse
- Coral Beauty
- Hippo Tang (still in QT till the 26th and very small)
 
I think the best would be to stick with 2 smaller tangs, in which you can include the yellow tang. If you really want to keep a hippo, I think your tank is just at the minimum to be successful in long term. So for me yes you can keep a pair, but if going for a blue tang, stick to blue tang only :)
 
I think the best would be to stick with 2 smaller tangs, in which you can include the yellow tang. If you really want to keep a hippo, I think your tank is just at the minimum to be successful in long term. So for me yes you can keep a pair, but if going for a blue tang, stick to blue tang only :)
Sounds good. Do you know of a good yellow fish I could add instead?
 
Sounds good. Do you know of a good yellow fish I could add instead?
You could swap out the coral beauty for a lemonpeel angelfish,which is a really stunning yellow fish. You could try to have both together, but they might be agressive towards eachother in a 125. Safe option is a yellow coris wrasse/canary wrasse :)
 
You could swap out the coral beauty for a lemonpeel angelfish,which is a really stunning yellow fish. You could try to have both together, but they might be agressive towards eachother in a 125. Safe option is a yellow coris wrasse/canary wrasse :)
Are either of those wrasses good with a Pintail Wrasse? Also a Naoko Wrasse. I have always wanted one of those and plan on adding one.
 
Are either of those wrasses good with a Pintail Wrasse? Also a Naoko Wrasse. I have always wanted one of those and plan on adding one.
Should be good having all 3 of them in your tank. Would introduce yellow coris as the last wrasse :)
 
You can add a male Anthias and 2 females - but they’ll require additional feedings throughout the day - so many beautiful options there
 
You can add a male Anthias and 2 females - but they’ll require additional feedings throughout the day - so many beautiful options there
I love the anthias. Awesome fish. Ive debated it with my upgrade. Used to have a pair of lyretail in my 75g
 
You can add a male Anthias and 2 females - but they’ll require additional feedings throughout the day - so many beautiful options there
It is pretty common for them to have uronema isnt it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new