Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS had a nice little DIY kit for $45 for an ATO. ReefBreeders has the Prism which is like $70 that ReefBreeders,MarineDepot and BulkReefSupply all sell and back with a great warranty. Why not just get a IM 14g ? Upgraded pump,nice media basket right out of the box and only $250 (I think) I understand its $100 more than the Fluval but that extra money is already including the pump,media basket,cleaning magnet which is a steal in its own.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS had a nice little DIY kit for $45 for an ATO. ReefBreeders has the Prism which is like $70 that ReefBreeders,MarineDepot and BulkReefSupply all sell and back with a great warranty. Why not just get a IM 14g ? Upgraded pump,nice media basket right out of the box and only $250 (I think) I understand its $100 more than the Fluval but that extra money is already including the pump,media basket,cleaning magnet which is a steal in its own.
Don’t forget the lid

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Noah Don't feel bad at all. I got a whole sump full of free gear from a reefer last week and gave my word that whatever I didnt use im going to pay forward that generosity.
I can think of no better use for it other than helping you achieve your reef at this point.

I think your going to be surprised there's alot of reefers that feel same way and want to see you succeed. I think most are just genuinely concerned that you realize the monthly maintenance expense and responsibilities that come with reefing.
You already do fresh water tanks. So did I. Most folks do and they usually end up reef tanks. Your on the reefer path. Keep going.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m gonna either do the Fiji or the nuvo. I think honestly the 12g fluval is kinda redundant because it is just going to be a glass box and aio which I could get for 150$ if I did Fiji cube 250 if I did nuvo

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LRT

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't know why so many people are trying to talk him out of the Evo; it is a great tank. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the filter section; just look at how many people on R2R are running successful Evo reefs.

The IM 14g does not come with a light as far as I can see. The one that comes with the Evo is fine for softies and a lot of LPS. All you need to get the Evo running is a heater (and all of the non-tank related items).

Earlier the OP said that he had $550 to spend. That would easily get you an Evo, some upgrades, all of the 'required' items and would leave change for some non-essential items.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know why so many people are trying to talk him out of the Evo; it is a great tank. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the filter section; just look at how many people on R2R are running successful Evo reefs.

The IM 14g does not come with a light as far as I can see. The one that comes with the Evo is fine for softies and a lot of LPS. All you need to get the Evo running is a heater (and all of the non-tank related items).

Earlier the OP said that he had $550 to spend. That would easily get you an Evo, some upgrades, all of the 'required' items and would leave change for some non-essential items.
+1

chrisgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Earlier the OP said that he had $550 to spend. That would easily get you an Evo, some upgrades, all of the 'required' items and would leave change for some non-essential item
Ya but the evo all ya end up with is a draw full of stuff thats no good and spending the money anyways id rather get a wb cube 20 cos ya going to have to ipgrade all the crap in an evo

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 114 81.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.3%
Back