13.5 evo coming up soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... is this a continuation of that 120 page thread I spent a few hours reading through last night? Found it by chance searching for mantis shrimp on the site and once I started reading, I couldn’t stop! o_O I really hope you don’t get any mantis hitchhikers cause they’ll most likely die.:( Good luck on your tank once you finally decide what you want to do and start building!

CollectOyster04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To make life simpler for everyone, you should just focus on actually getting a tank and equipment in hand. Once this is accomplished, then conversation can turn to livestock options and feeding. Especially for a smaller tank, equipment will be relatively the same no matter what you set it up for. And with your target budget, you don't need that much. It's fun to dream about how a tank can be set up, but focus on at least getting a tank. Like many here, I've had many tanks sitting dry for months as I slowly was able to accrue the necessary equipment to get it wet. There's no law that you have to purchase everything all at once. Especially if shopping Amazon and the usual free shipping, it takes extra freight cost out of the equation.
Let's get a tank in your hands and maybe that will re-energize all that's trying to help. If you actually have money in hand for this, it's time to take that first step !

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... is this a continuation of that 120 page thread I spent a few hours reading through last night? Found it by chance searching for mantis shrimp on the site and once I started reading, I couldn’t stop! o_O I really hope you don’t get any mantis hitchhikers cause they’ll most likely die.:( Good luck on your tank once you finally decide what you want to do and start building!
Pretty much.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I go to Florida I’m going to try to find oysters, macros and a few other things. I’m gonna transfer it through plane or car, I think oysters would survive my tank if I dosed phyto and put them in during cycle

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also wow, I’ve been here 7 years and don’t even have 200 posts :rolleyes: a small fraction of Noah’s and he’s been here what 8 months? But I’m glad you’re learning before you set up anything! I started with a 2.5 for live rock and a hermit in 2014 which lead to a 10 gallon with my first peacock who was upgraded to an acrylic 29 and then everything snowballed from there when I got my biocube XD I’m up to a 225, 70, 55, 29 biocube, and 2 10s in saltwater now. You may ask yourself why so many tanks? My answer: puffer addiction! :D You may also ask yourself: well how did I get here? And you may say to yourself: my god! What have I done!? XD

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also wow, I’ve been here 7 years and don’t even have 200 posts :rolleyes: a small fraction of Noah’s and he’s been here what 8 months? But I’m glad you’re learning before you set up anything! I started with a 2.5 for live rock and a hermit in 2014 which lead to a 10 gallon with my first peacock who was upgraded to an acrylic 29 and then everything snowballed from there when I got my biocube XD I’m up to a 225, 70, 55, 29 biocube, and 2 10s in saltwater now. You may ask yourself why so many tanks? My answer: puffer addiction! :D You may also ask yourself: well how did I get here? And you may say to yourself: my god! What have I done!? XD
I’ve been here actively for about 1.5 weeks

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better get that post count up if you want to join exclusive 2500 club hahaha JK

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone send a pic of a fish to draw

00E61650-23FC-4998-8D25-7A92A7A7389A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back