Status
Not open for further replies.

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But at the same time we don’t need to know how to do long division and crap that’s why we have phones and calculators
Solving math by hand is what develops critical thinking memorizing a string of calculator keys is not thinking critically it is just memorizing. I have had professors double the testing period because I was the only one in the class using a 4 function calculator that I only used during testing to be quicker but did everything by hand while studying or for homework even did trig by hand

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately true. In my own industry I'd rather hire someone competent with CAD than able to do trig by hand and not know where the power button on a laptop is. As a guy who knows both ways to get the job done it hurts me to put tech over math but it's reality now. Knowing both makes you a powerful player in the game though, and allows you to quickly stink check for reasonableness.
It is all a matter of prospective. The mathematician would be the one who develops the software and understands the properties it is dealing with while the engineer learns how to use the software and would not know what to do if the software went offline

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Solving math by hand is what develops critical thinking memorizing a string of calculator keys is not thinking critically it is just memorizing. I have had professors double the testing period because I was the only one in the class using a 4 function calculator that I only used during testing to be quicker but did everything by hand while studying or for homework even did trig by hand
But I can develop critical thinking other ways. I had a class that combined critical thinking and literature at my old school. Math doesn’t help me it doesn’t develop anything within me but depression, frustration and it worsens my anger issues.

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But I can develop critical thinking other ways. I had a class that combined critical thinking and literature at my old school. Math doesn’t help me it doesn’t develop anything within me but depression, frustration and it worsens my anger issues.
Depression and frustration are two very distinct emotions I remember when dappling with set theory and quantum mechanics

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just sitting here with my bachelors in philosophy. What do I know about critical thinking?
Kermit The Frog Reaction GIF

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other oddballs could I do in a 13.5 it would be cool if I could keep inverts too

if you stick to very small fish you can fit a few. I would recommend small inverts too like sexy shrimp, porcelain crab and Pom Pom crab.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellowthroat pike blenny is what I want because it’s a carribean fish
The only place I have ever seen have one of those for sale is KPA and not often. You would need to budget in shipping.

the biggest issue for that in a 13g is they like open sand and rubble because they build long tunnels. A bunch of live rock would not be unnatural.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only place I have ever seen have one of those for sale is KPA and not often. You would need to budget in shipping.

the biggest issue for that in a 13g is they like open sand and rubble because they build long tunnels. A bunch of live rock would not be unnatural.
I’m using live rubble as hardscape.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who is your favorite philosopher?
Kant is up there although his works are a trial to get through. I also enjoy kierkagaard and a lot of the existential thinkers. ontology, epistemology, and metaphysics all are favorite areas. Can’t say I have a single favorite philosopher however

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 116 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back