Status
Not open for further replies.

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I’m not doing a 20 long. Its for many reasons such as, it’s cheaper to do a 13.5, it comes with everything but heat, and I can get my toes wet into the hobby before I make any crazy 1000’s of dollars investment. I plan to do 3-4 SMALL fish and some inverts. I’m going to upgrade the flow with a 250g fluval powerhead and I’m going to heat the tank with a fluval m50. I’m going to use reef crystals and rodi for the water and then I’m going to use 10 lbs live rock and 10 lbs Fiji pink for the scape. Weekly 10% wc so i can keep perams stable without dosing. I hope you all can tell me about your experiences with the fluval 13.5 and help me plan my tank to start my journey into the saltwater hobby!

|Frank|

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Animated GIF

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Link to my build thread:
Lots of ups and downs, but by straightening up and listening to the advice here I think I’m finally going in a good direction.
Number one lesson IME is quarantine everything.

|Frank|

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please don’t make fun of me in this thread
More laughing with you buddy, don't take it personally. I thought it was funny you started this thread up lol

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tank! Do you have suggestions for upgrades or will the stock tank with the stuff I said I’m gonna add work for softies and macros and easy lps and mabye directly under light monti cap
The light is good for basically everything but acros and other sps.
Upgrade is only necessary for that or really viewing pleasure (way to white for good colors).

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tank! Do you have suggestions for upgrades or will the stock tank with the stuff I said I’m gonna add work for softies and macros and easy lps and mabye directly under light monti cap
I put an mp10 in tank, swapped lighting with ai prime and added a tunze nano ato that’s about all still have the stock sump pump but plan on upgrading. I would add more flow for sure.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I’m not doing a 20 long. Its for many reasons such as, it’s cheaper to do a 13.5, it comes with everything but heat, and I can get my toes wet into the hobby before I make any crazy 1000’s of dollars investment. I plan to do 3-4 SMALL fish and some inverts. I’m going to upgrade the flow with a 250g fluval powerhead and I’m going to heat the tank with a fluval m50. I’m going to use reef crystals and rodi for the water and then I’m going to use 10 lbs live rock and 10 lbs Fiji pink for the scape. Weekly 10% wc so i can keep perams stable without dosing. I hope you all can tell me about your experiences with the fluval 13.5 and help me plan my tank to start my journey into the saltwater hobby!
Plus, I can use the 20 long as a quarantine if I need one :)

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, does 375 sound enough? It’s gonna be crashing flow and hopefully if I can get my way, I will have a 3D printed flow randomizer
Personally I’d pass on the powerhead until it looks like you need it.
I still have the stock return and no powerhead and everything is fine.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO I’d move the fish in your 10 into the 20. Mostly because you are going to be sitting there wondering why your qt is bigger than the display...not a fun feeling.
You don’t get it, I’m going to slowly upgrade it and then before my mom knows it I will have a second dt MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back