Status
Not open for further replies.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the media basket do that’s important?

they allow the user to utilize the back chambers to run different media, grow charro, etc. basically it’s a way to customize the tank to how you want to run it while still utilizing the space the AIO provides

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they allow the user to utilize the back chambers to run different media, grow charro, etc. basically it’s a way to customize the tank to how you want to run it while still utilizing the space the AIO provides
Oh ok. Would it be possible to diy it? I think if I could customize it to my liking it might work well. I’d probably do like a sponge into floss then chemipure blue in chamber 1 then chamber 2 will have rubble and chaeto (after I get a fuge light) does the evo have a 3rd chamber for a heater?

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok. Would it be possible to diy it? I think if I could customize it to my liking it might work well. I’d probably do like a sponge into floss then chemipure blue in chamber 1 then chamber 2 will have rubble and chaeto (after I get a fuge light) does the evo have a 3rd chamber for a heater?

Ivenever owned a fluval aio nor any aio (although I’d like to. If nothing else for a small coral qt). Which is to say I’m only guessing here, but I would imagine if you had access to a 3D printer and could accurately measure the chambers, you probably could DIY it. Don’t know about the chamber for a heater though. @Sharkbait19 should be able to answer though.

and yeah, that’d be pretty cool. I’m hoping to have my DT up and cycling in the next three weeks so I am planning on going to the swaps and INDMAS get togethers. Much more fun going and being able to house what you want to buy than just window shopping.

Reefapalooza Chicago was a blast in 2019. But seeing everything I couldn’t buy was kinda painful haha

Edit: I swear my phones autocorrect is becoming stupider. Why, dear phone, would I mean “move” when I type “I’ve”...

Last edited:

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t do that, my mom wouldn’t want me getting stuff from strangers. Tysm for the offer tho
Hey Noah. Totally agree with your mom and definitely advise sticking to her advice here.
That being said I'm sure there are alot of people that want to see you succeed.
This is a very family orientated place and I'm sure admin would help appropriate a way to get reef donations to your mom.
@revhtree would most likely be more than willing to help with that..
offer still stands if you can work something out with your mom and ownership here.

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck, @NoahLikesFish maybe @LRT could send it to me this summer once/if you and I meet and I could hand it over to you. Heck. We could “randomly encounter” eachother at the reef as it’s still my main go to as far as LFSs are concerned. (Although Modern Aquatix rocks. Just a much longer drive for me)

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are not going to be able to have 4 fish in a tank that size. Please don’t try it. Mine is going on 2 years. Pump swapped with sicce and RFG. Lights I used lumilight by reef brite and it’s far cheaper than a prime setup and you can keep the hood. A prime will require a ATO automatically. +1 for the 3D printed media box. Flow directors are critical to remove waste. Skimmers are pointless.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck, @NoahLikesFish maybe @LRT could send it to me this summer once/if you and I meet and I could hand it over to you. Heck. We could “randomly encounter” eachother at the reef as it’s still my main go to as far as LFSs are concerned. (Although Modern Aquatix rocks. Just a much longer drive for me)
This could also work. Let's see what rev says.
I think its super important for youngster to stick to moms guns.
Only threw it out there because I have seen r2r family donate in past. After all its pretty much what this site is all about.

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This could also work. Let's see what rev says.
I think its super important for youngster to stick to moms guns.
Only threw it out there because I have seen r2r family donate in past. After all its pretty much what this site is all about.

Agreed. Just wanted to offer as well as I’m local and love to help. And yeah, I love this site and community about as much as I love our hobby itself

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes let’s do it, I will offer money cost for shipping and profit

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a awesome stick for my tank btw, I used it in fresh and I’m gonna sterilize it and seal it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 29

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Double post but I just had a goofy idea. If nothing else, @LRT could send me the unit, I’ll make a Facebook marketplace add and ask for something silly like $2. That way @NoahLikesFish is purchasing and not accepting gifts from strangers.

mostly joking but hey....

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m gonna use everyday aquarist’s method of using pebbles as base structure and then live rock blended into it and then I’m going to add a twig for stuff to colonize onto as a experiment

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Double post but I just had a goofy idea. If nothing else, @LRT could send me the unit, I’ll make a Facebook marketplace add and ask for something silly like $2. That way @NoahLikesFish is purchasing and not accepting gifts from strangers.

mostly joking but hey....
U would have to deliver though, I live like 40 minutes from you I think. It might just get stolen though

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U would have to deliver though, I live like 40 minutes from you I think. It might just get stolen though

im in Sheridan these days. About 20-25min north of where you let slip you’re at in the other thread.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much does it cost to ship? And do I need a sump for the skimmer?
Let's let rev chime in. I dont even really care about shipping costs tbh cant be that much.
Whats most important is it should be done through ownership here. And quite frankly anything you do on personal level here should be done through your mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back